Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afrocj View Post
    I am looking for the name of a film I saw in 80's it was a love story. In it this young school boy of a small town fell in love with this older woman,who had move to the small town to live . The boy's father wanted him to leve out of the small town and be come a docter or lawer but his love was music but his father did not see how that would help him.The older woman was a famous pianist she helped the boy do develop his piano skill, she was dieding of cancer but the boy did not know.hope you can help
    Matters of the Heart (1990 TV movie)
    Starring Jane Seymour, Christopher Gartin
    From IMDb:
    In a small town in Vermont, talented Steven Harper dreams of nothing less than a concert pianist career. His father, Glenn, a wheelchair-bound Vietnam vet, would rather he take over the hardware store he runs with Uncle Frank. Steven discovers a famous pianist and composer, Hadley Norman, is living in town. Through kindness, he wins the recluse's trust and heart. Finally, she agrees to become his teacher, helps prepare his musical future and becomes his first-ever lover. Shortly afterward, she breaks up with him, and her ex, John, turns up with terrible news.
    Matters of the Heart (TV Movie 1990) - IMDb
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 27, 2013, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaquaj View Post
    Looking for a movies based in 1950s where there's a detective in hollywood where he investigates murders done in satanic manner or witchcraft
    There are two movies in this series:

Witch Hunt (1994 cable movie)
    IMDb synopsis:
    In a twisted 1950s, where everyone does magic, a private detective investigates a murder case without it. Dennis Hopper plays H. Phillip Lovecraft.
    Witch Hunt (TV Movie 1994) - IMDb

Cast a Deadly Spell (1991 cable movie)
    IMDb synopsis:
    In a fantastical 1940s where magic is used by everyone, a hard-boiled detective investigates the theft of a mystical tome. Fred Ward portrays Detective Harry Phillip Lovecraft (an homage to sci fi/horror writer H.P. Lovecraft).
    Cast a Deadly Spell (TV Movie 1991) - IMDb

I highly recommend the film that precedes "Witch Hunt" if you haven't seen it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been trying to find the title of this movie for years! [ 2 Answers ]

I know I don't have a lot of information, but here goes, hope somebody can help me (and my sister, who watched it with me at the time) out! Please and Thank You! So there is this guy who is cutting off women's hands(or fingers, not sure which) and sewing the hands on to his daughters (or...

Help me find a movie title please! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I saw this movie on Disney channel at least 5 times in the early-mid 90's. It started with a boy who was being chased by the cops. He is caught and brought back to a foster home. There is a girl there who he kind of likes, and they are sitting in a tent talking when they discover...

Trying to find a title of an old American Sci Fi movie [ 1 Answers ]

Can you help please! I am trying to find out the title of an old American Sci-Fi movie. It was made in the 1950/60's, and was in black&white. The short description I have of the film is: It involves a man who has returned from space, who then over a period starts to transform into a scary...

Please help me find this movie title [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie I saw sometime in the 80's or early 90's... the movie is about this young man who finds this underworld of creatures who live in this cematery or santuary and they can't leave beyond the gates all the creatures are human like the movie originally came with a book to tell...

Children's fantasy movie - please help me find title! [ 3 Answers ]

I couldn't tell you if the movie used puppets like in never ending story or was animated, it was too long ago. It was probably around the time of The Last Unicorn, another movie I had sketchy memories of but recently found. The characters weren't people, and the setting was not like normal...

View more questions Search