Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TekServer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Animated kids movie, late 70s or early 80s, underwater
    Yet another vaguely remembered movie!

I remember watching this movie when I was very young, and I'm fairly certain of the dates in the title. I don't really remember much about plot, characters, etc. except that what little I do remember all took place underwater. I think the main character was a little boy.

The one thing I remember clearly is a snippet of a song. The lyrics I remember (and I'm sure the spelling's off, as Google searching got me nothing) are as follows:

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi cockle loren; hey, hey, hey we're on our way!"

This song has gotten stuck in my head a couple of times a year for several years now. I know this isn't much to go on, but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I just finished spending several hours searching imdb.com's entire list of animated movies (some 26000+ titles) hoping one of the titles would jog my memory. Needless to say, I was disappointed after finishing the "Z" section.

Thanks in advance!
    bridger79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TekServer
    Yet another vaguely remembered movie!

I remember watching this movie when I was very young, and I'm fairly certain of the dates in the title. I don't really remember much about plot, characters, etc. except that what little I do remember all took place underwater. I think the main character was a little boy.

The one thing I remember clearly is a snippet of a song. The lyrics I remember (and I'm sure the spelling's off, as google searching got me nothing) are as follows:

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi cockle loren; hey, hey, hey we're on our way!"

This song has gotten stuck in my head a couple of times a year for several years now. I know this isn't much to go on, but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I just finished spending several hours searching imdb.com's entire list of animated movies (some 26000+ titles) hoping one of the titles would jog my memory. Needless to say, I was disappointed after finishing the "Z" section.

Thanks in advance!
    It's called water babies. I used to watch it when I was a kid too. It's starts as a normal film and turns into animation when the kid falls into the water.
    TekServer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Thanks!

I had seen another question here about Waterbabies, and it sounded a little familiar, but I wasn't sure. Then I was thrown off, because I went to imdb.com and looked up Waterbabies, and the poster didn't look familiar at all.
    Now I'm sure you're right. I checked some other sources (that will remain anonymous) where one could obtain this movie, and confirmed based on user comments that this is definitely the one!

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A movie from the late 70s or early 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I saw this movie on cable TV when I was little. Here are the details the I can remember. The movie focused on a brother and sister duo. They take a journey with a bunch of companions. Fire and water were two of their companions, they were personified as ballet dancers. On the journey,...

Help with late 70s early 80s kids movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there all was wondering if you could help me out with a title of a kids movie from the late 70s or early 80s. As far as I can remember its an animated movie (like plastacine) and its about time travel. I think there is a monkey in it as well as a boy and I do recall them going to medievil...

Title of thrilling late 70s, early 80s movie [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me remember the title of this (late 70s early 80s) movie... This is the story as I remember it... A guy and his girlfriend are taking a ride on his motorcycle through some british countryside, they get in an accident and the owner of the vehicle invites them to his home - a huge...

Late 70s early 80s [ 5 Answers ]

Hi trying to remember the name of movie, the guy was from a TV series that was another station answer to Saturday night live called fridays I think. I remember he did a bit as a pharmasist and his answer to everything was TAKE A PILL, TAKE A PILL. Anyway from this series he made a movie parady of...

Help w/ 80s or 90 animated kids movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember much about it. All I remember is a little boy in some fantasy world. In one part he was riding on a flying carpet and I also remember him going through these huge doors. I think his name was something short like nemo or something.

View more questions Search