Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitten4844 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Goldfish with black spots om it. What is wrong with it?
    My school owns 2 gold fish and both of them have black spots all over them. One has tail rot (I just found out today) and now they have balck spots. We bought them on valen tines day... any suggestio9ns on what is wrong with them.:confused: :confused: :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Well, that is kind of gross. Do you guys change the water on a regular basis. I am not a goldfish aquarium kind of person but have seen some aquariums with really dirty looking water; or no oxygenated water. If you are student a good idea would be to look this up and you obviously have the net, no use Google and search it. You will probably score points with your teacher if you do this and can tell her how to take care of those fish which are living, thriving creatures and need a break too. Good luck and start that search and learn !
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Tickle has a good point, what kind of tank do the fish live in?

The fin rot will need to be treated with an antifungal medication for fish.

Now, to the black spots...
    I need to know if they are little black spots (like dots)
    OR, are they black patches (like splotches)??

Waiting on you:D

Kae
    deathcool10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Well... I think is normal because we just got our fish last 2 years and after 2 month we saw black spotsT.T I think is not a big deal. And also we saw black thingies in the fish's breathing hole or watever that is called. But the problem with our fish is that it always lies at the bottom none moving but when we turn off the light he goes around fast as a wind I am so worried but after we turn on the light he sits back and the other fish just swam swam swam. Can you guys answer this question?
    I don't want to tell you my name=)secret
    Rainel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
    If a fish gets black SPOTS, if it has been in water with snails it could be Black Spot, which is from a parasite, but if it's black blotches all over it is simply where a fish is recovering from an injury. When a fish is recovering from trauma, or an injury it'll get black blotches which will eventually go away. If the water is dirty it's possible that the dirty water is hurting the fish which is what is causing the black spots. Cleaning the water often will help the fish get better and make the black spots go away within a few weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Black spots on arm [ 1 Answers ]

I have black spots on my arm. I've recently noticed them. They're between the elbo and shoulder more towards the back. Can someone tell me what this might be. It seems to be getting worse and worse.

Black spots [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of black spots

Black spots [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a blacken tongue. Some of it washed off and is now red. Please help. He has not eaten anything for this to happen.

Black spots on my tongue [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have spotted 3 black spots on my tongue lately. What could be the cause, and diagnois.

Black spots on tongue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've noticed that my cairn terrier has developed 2 black spots on the back of her tongue. She's 7 months old and in general good health with no signs of distress. Is this normal or should I take her to the vet? Many thanks

View more questions Search