Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjkramer7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Is my lease still valid if the property management company changes?
    My employer just informed me that he is getting into the property management business and my house will be one of the houses he'll be managing. I am uncomfortable with this! Since my lease is technically with another company am I legally bound to stay in the house until the end of my lease? How does this sort of transfer work? Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
    You lease is "technically" with the owner who uses a management company to do the day to day management, And unless your lease specificly allows you to leave, then you are bound to the terms of the lease.

How does it work, the owner of the property fires one management company and hires another, and they notify the tennants to start paying the rent to someone else.

Basically you are stuck in your lease, Now if this is your employer, and your good friend, just ask them to let you out of the lease

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my lease still valid and for how long? [ 3 Answers ]

My family and I just moved into a townhome in Virginia in August of 2006. We signed a two year lease. On December 2, our landlord informed us that he was going to sell the home because he could not afford to keep it anymore and that we needed to start looking for an alternate location to live. We...

Valid lease [ 4 Answers ]

We have been in a rental house for a few months now. The landlord signed a lease before he sent it to us. We made some modifications, initialed the modifications, signed the new modified version of the lease and sent it back to the landlord with the deposit. He now says that none of the...

Is this lease valid? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a home that we rent out. My husband signed a 1 year lease (without my signature) with 4 people contingnet on there credit checks and income verification. My husband signed the lease with them on the 30th and we denied them on the 31st. They lease was to begin on the 1st. They...

Is this lease valid? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both own a home which we rent out. Both our names are on the lease. Do we both need to sign the lease for it to be valid? :rolleyes:

Tenant Claims Lease Is Not Valid [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am managing only one property in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma for a friend of the family and today one of the tenants told me over the phone the lease is not valid because I am not a real estate professional. (1) Is this tenant's statement invalid and (2) can I have the tenants evicted for...

View more questions Search