Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhhgf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2004, 03:27 AM
    Canon BJC 610 color printing problem
    Dear all,

I bought a used Canon BJC-610 printer which works fine with b/w printouts but doesn't print in color. I would be very glad for clues how I could make it do.

I'll try to describe the problem more precisely:
    - When I switch on the printer, after a short while the orange ERROR light and the green INK light will be on. The C, M and Y lights will flash green.
    - After I press the ON LINE button, the ERROR light goes off.
    - But when I try to print a multicolored page, only the black portions of the page are printed.
    - When there is no black portion, the print head doesn't even move.  ??

The following information might help narrow down the problem:
    - There are 4 new print cardridges inside the printer (they are manufactured by a company other than Canon. It says "Group 909" and "(C)olorJet" on the box)
    - I tried to print from Microsoft Word as well as from IPhotoPlus4, a graphics program.
    - I tried in the DTP, the Graphics and the Photo mode.
    - I already reset the printer by disconnecting it for more than 10 seconds from the power supply.
    - I carried out both the "custom" and "thorough" print head cleaning process, after which the error light goes on and the three color lights flash as well.
    - The printer driver is the "Microsoft Windows95 Printer Driver for Canon BJC-610/620 Version 1.00" by Canon.
    - I run Windows 98 on a 400 MHz pentium computer.

I looked up the error in the manual but couldn't find a solution, so I'm looking forward to helpful tips    :-*

Regards,
    Georg
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2004, 08:26 PM
    Re: Canon BJC 610 color printing problem
    [left]OK hhhgf,?
    I think it's a solution, but a little unorthodox, it worked for me.
    That printer that you have when new cost $500.00 bucks new, and top of the line at the time. Isn't that amazing. OK here gos.

1. updated drivers from what you have to the "RASTER" drivers, pick the right driver for you, I used 720u16 driver,
    Sorry but all the lovely bells and wistels are gone sorry, but your printer might work better here's the link.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCpr...-610&item=6941
    That a long url ;D

2. clean your print heads seperatly from the printer, this was you ensure the ink will go to the ink wells and stop those nasty green lights from flashing. You see what's happening is you might have new catriages but the ink isn't in the wells to print.

If you still have problems look for me, or get a 50lbs sledg hammer and bash the top of the priner until the bastard works. OK just kidding. ;D

Oh I forgot sometimes the catrages do not fit properly, get
    A match box rip off just a liitel so it sits on top and back of the catrage in the slot, so seats better but don't do this until you get splashes inside the top of the door that opens to expose the catrages.
    OK enough for now let me know if that helps

MagikPoo OUT you... horrid spelling is for the strong willed!! 8)

May 2, 2004, 06:36 AM
    Thank you very much for your answer, MagikPoo. I took print head out of the printer and cleaned it. Blue and red work now, but yellow still doesn't. Well, it's at least something.
    Regards, Georg

May 3, 2004, 03:41 PM
    Hello old pal,
    OK just keep doing the yello for some straing reason yellow is the sorry about the language.

Ok did the drivers work ?

May 4, 2004, 05:51 PM
    Hi,
    :D I just learned a new idiom, "the pregnant dog" (I'm german).
    What do you mean by "keep doing the yellow"? Should I clean it again?
    I haven't installed the other driver. What is the advantage of it?
    Regards,
    Georg

May 5, 2004, 11:10 PM
    Well if your old drivers are working...

Like the old saying go's

]"If it ant' broke dont fix it!"
    Yes on your question hhhgf

Just keep doing the clean thing again until the light gos out,
    For some reason that works one or two times more should help.

Let me know if that helps

MagikPoo... OUT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon ip 3000 pixma printer head problem [ 0 Answers ]

Printer about 1 year old. The black only sporadically prints on a page. Some lines print out faintly, others not at all. The ink is 80% full, ran several cleanings and deep cleanings to no avail. I was printing several pages and this happened all of a sudden. I believe it has something to do...

Printing problem: HP PSC 950 All-in-one [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: This is my first question on your forum. I hope you can help. I have an HP PSC 950, and it has just begin to produce misaligned printed pages. It seems that the first few pages of a document are OK, and then they gradually become misaligned, with the text skewed clockwise. Any ideas? ...

Canon bjc 2100 big problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a canon bjc 2100 printer and no matter what I do when I print nothing comes ot on the page I'm connected via a printer cable I have brand new ink in the printer and I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled the drivers and still nothing comes out on the page but the printer goes through...

Printing problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am using win98se, whenever I am trying to print something PC getting Hanged even if when I am trying to open printer folder under control panel PC getting hanged please help.. I hv scanned for viruses its not showing any viruses either but I can open the printer folder in safe mode

Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 computers with XP; each uses a Canon i450 printer. I recently installed SP2 to XP on both computers. Now, when I try to print 4 X 6 postcard announcements, the text is misplaced 1 1/2 inches from the side. Canon tech did not help. A downloaded Canon driver changed nothing. I've...

View more questions Search