Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Soapy water coming out of toilet in a downstairs unit.
    Hello!
    We live in a multifamily building (building is 1.5 years old, 12 units, 3 floors- 4 units on each floor)... We are on the top floor with 2 units below us...

I was just running my dishwasher and the gentleman from the office in the unit on the bottom floor (2 floors directly under us) came up to report that his toilet had tons of suds pouring out of it...

I went down to check- the suds appear clean as does the water- thankfully it makes the bathroom smell like it had just been cleaned and wasn't fouler material!

Any thoughts on what could be doing this? The tenant directly below me, and above the office, doesn't appear to be home and we cannot gain access to her unit as our property keyholder is nowhere to be found...

Thanks in advance!
    Bek
    http://CleverGirl.Etsy.com
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Hey Bek,

You have a blockage in the drain line downstream from the first floor office toilet. This must be snaked out and cleared. This can be done one of two ways. (1) from the lavatory roof vent of the office bath or (2) pull the office toilet and snake from there. The problem's in the first floor drainage and you should have to disturb the 2nd and 3d floor tenets unless it's to warn them not to drain or flush anything as it will just come up in this guys office. Good luck, Tom
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Thanks for your help Tom!
    Hey- we are almost neighbors! I'm in Cape Coral!.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Cape Coral huh? I lived in North Fort Myers in the Rivers Edge Mobile home park in the 60's when they were just platting out the Cape. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RUUD Heat Pump Outside Unit Fan not coming on [ 1 Answers ]

I just closed on my house - made one payment and the outside heat pump is not working!! About 3-4 weeks ago the fan on the outdside unit just sounded a little rough, almost a slight grind/knocking noise- although nothing major or too out of the ordinary for a fan motor ,just a little bit...

Shower water is overflowing to toilet downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... We have 1 1/2 bath home. When you either use the shower or flush the toilet upstairs - the toilet in the half bath downstairs starts to overflow. We have tried over the counter measures - but nothing seems to help. Please advise.

Sighing noise coming from AC Unit [ 3 Answers ]

A loud sighing noise comes from our AC Unit. More so when it is extreamly cold or hot. What is this noise?

Central Heat/blows cold air in unit downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

\ Our heating unit (central) is blowing cold air. This is only occurring in downstairs unit. There are 2 separate units in the home. Any ideas on what to do before calling an expert? The HVAC unit is all electric. It is set to Auto. We had problems with the A/C where you gad to set the...

Water coming into downstairs [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know whether this is a plumbing question, or general home improvement. We just bought a raised ranch (built in 1962) in upstate New York. The downstairs has a garage two rooms and a bath. So basically, the basement is also living space. Well today we had a significant amount of...

View more questions Search