Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaboodles Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 01:41 PM
    I don't know why
    I ahd been going out with my boyfriends for 6 monthes, and although that may not seem very long, it was for me.
    Everything had been going fine, I had been falling more and more in love with and I he told me it was the same for him. I thought we had grown together so much. However he is a professional ski racer, so obviously he had to go away a lot. But I dealt with it just fine, and I completely trusted him so when he would go away I would miss him very much obviously, but I ust kept thinking how great it would be once he got back. Well ski season is comign to an end after these final national races coming up so I thought whatever samll problem we had been having would fix themselves then.
    But after his last trips he came back 3 days ago, and we got to talking and obviously is tarted telling him how much I missed him, and all he replyed by doing was telling me all about the strip joint he went to out therre. I was really hrut and I told him I was upset he ahdnt considered to tell me he loved me or missed m. So he went off and told me he ahsnt love me for over a month now and he never misses me when he goes away. Apparently it hurts too much for himt o miss me while he's gone so he pretends I don't exists until he just stopped loving me altogether. The weird thing is he tells me he still wants me and doesn't want to not be with me, but he broke up with me anyway 2 days ago.
    I just don't undersatnd, and I want him to love me again and to be with me. People say I should just play along and be his friend for a while then hell realize what he missed. What should I do?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2005, 02:14 PM
    Age old problem - People want what they can't have.

You became to needy - too clingy.

You may FEEL those feelings - BUT, don't express them. Don't SAY IT - SHow it!!

You also should hate him for bring up the strip joints - sure guys go for their jollys - BUT, under NO circumstances should he ever mention that to you. You should have been completely angry with him and with draw for a few days. Put him in his place - NEVER be agreeable - ever! Don't allow that.

You need to be come more unavailalble. Don't answer his calls - don't return them right away. Break a date. Be more mysterious - you can't surrender completely - actually forever. If he wants to see you Friday - say no - maybe SUnday.

You surrendered to this guy - and expressed your feelings too soon. For some reason, most people get freaked out when you say you miss them.

BECOME LESS AVAILBALE!! Don't be so needy - work, see your friends, work out etc.

Don't be so nice to him. Don't miss him as much.

Sounds like kind of a complete jerk for bring up strip clubs.

Go to this website: it will explain a lot: www.lovetactics.com

Mar 30, 2005, 06:06 PM
    So should I ignore the guy and play hard to get, or should I try and be his friend and hope that he will begin realizing that he does have feelings a hopefully hellw ant a relationship, or should I just forget him altogether
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2005, 09:43 PM
    It's not called hard to get - it's called being less/unavailable.

Being friends is risky - too available.

You have surrendered to him. You keep telling him how you feel. It's too early for that.

These aren't games I mention - it's part of life.

Being needy clingy, agreeable, GIVING UP ALL YOUR POWER, etc.

It's time for a tactiful withdrawal. He will come back.

Basically you need a life away from your boyfriend - I think this game became TOO MUCH of your life and thoughts - am I right?

Being less availalble really works, because he stated he doesn't want to date you.

Read the Love Tactics articles.

Mar 30, 2005, 11:55 PM
    See that's where the problem comes in, he is confusing me, he has come to me and told them he wants to be with me, and I want to be with him, but we can't be together, how does that work?
    I am planning on making myself less available too him, I am not going to beg for him or try to win him back, I'm backing off and when he gets back after this ski competition, ill get together with him as friends alogn with all our friends and I won't elt him see that I want him back, and hopefully like you say, suddenly making myself less available, will work
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2005, 09:12 AM
    Yes - do that - don't answer his calls - and don't return them right away while he is gone. You need to make it like your life will go on fine without him.

You need to ALWAYS put a little mystery into your relationship. I think you surrender - meaning telling him too much on how you felt.

Make him 'wonder' - 'make him miss you' especially while he is gone. (these are women's terms)

You can salvage this so easily by changing how you deal with him - you will feel a lot better as a result.

The REAL key is concentrating on OTHER things and not worrying about this. Do not worry about this. Concentrate on work, school (if you're in school), friends, family, hobbies - get this out of your mind.

For me it's ALWAYS hit the gym for a few hours a day - gets my mind off relationship problems AND I start to look even better. TWO benefits.

You need to change your frame of mind on this. ALSO - might not be a bad idea to start looking for Mr. Right. This guy seems to be Mr. Right Now.

Again - just my thoughts - I know you, being a woman, needs to spend time thinking through this.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2005, 09:15 AM
    Oh yeah - play his game - confuse him. If he brings this up again, just say "what ever you want to do, we can still be friends" - this KILLS guys, kills them - I know.

Mar 31, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Well hopefully hell even try to call me or make contact. I just don't getwhats going on with him right now, I haven't made contact with him since he broke it off.
    But I am trying tot ake my mind off it and han gout with friends. The weird thing is most of his friends are my friends, so tonight I'm getting together with one of our guy friends.

Its really stupid, he's trying to get everyone's attention and trying to make them feel bad for him, like he's the victim here. Hes trying to make it seem like he was only doing what was right and now the worlds collapsing because I'm upset. I mean come on of course I'm upset you just broke up wiith me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2005, 12:56 PM
    No offense hun, but do you really want to be with this guy if he is doing that? And the strip club thing?

Mar 31, 2005, 06:30 PM
    The strip club thing was assy, but I have told him before I'm fine with him going to them. Its just reallt weird because its like he doesn't know what he wants, whether he wants to be dating or not, he just suddenly made a split second sudden decision to brek it off.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2005, 10:57 AM
    Remember - people want what they can't have. I would avoid him for now. Be an strong independent woman - he will come back.

Apr 6, 2005, 07:29 PM
    That's what everyone has been saying, so ill hafta continue doing it, and hopefully it will do the trick
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2005, 03:14 AM
    Hey, never try to understand men, their crazy! Your head must be pretty messed up now, I really feel for you. It's sounds to me that this man wants you around until something or someone else comes along, I'm sorry but I've been there and trust me it's sooo much easier in the long run to cut all ties. Think what you love about this man? All the times he's upset you or made you cry? Do really not think enough of yourself to think that you deserve better than this man can offer?
    If the bad times out weigh the good your probably better off without him. Also if you want him to miss what he has with you you can't be around him. He'll respect you a lot more if you give him time alone. I hope everything works out for the best x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what to do. [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so my name is Erik and I'm 20 years old. I have a girlfriend and she is 17 years old. We've been seeing each other for awhile now. Long enough to know that if something happened between us we would feel it in our stomach for a long time, and that's a ****ty feeling. So the problem is that I...

I don't know what to do [ 29 Answers ]

(I know that this posting is really long, but please take the time... read it, and respond. I really need this adice.) Hello. My name is MaryAnna. I recently moved to where I live about 4-5 months ago. I moved here with my now ex fiancé. Our relationship went donw the drain dew to him. It was...

I don't know [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are trying to get pregnant. I have been having normal periods for a while now, taking my mulitvitamins and exercising on a regular basis. Last month July 23 I began to spot lightly, stopped spotting on the 24th, and then began a normal period on the 25th. 12 days later I began to...

I don't know what to say or do [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to start,OK ill start with my nan and pop live in india and I haven't seen them since I was a child (now 20) and we keep in contact through phone and email. I got an email from my nan and pop today saying that she's having some madical problems and needs a pacemaker. I no a...

My cpu is at 100 and don't know why [ 4 Answers ]

My cpu is at 100 and is slowing everything down I've defragged my computer, scanned for viruses, and restarted. It just started doing this. Task manager says system idle process is taking up all the cpu. Ireally hope you can help!

View more questions Search