Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfaisal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 11:16 AM
    Free software to fetch/tell ISP account balance
    My ISP offers different log on rates during various day hours. Is there any free software that could fetch/tell my account balance when I am online. So that I do not have to browse the ISP’s website. From where to download that software free.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2005, 01:53 PM
    There would be no generic software for this. Each ISP uses its only accounting methods. In addition, there would need to be secure access to get such info.

The bottom line is to talk to your ISP about it. They are the only ones who might know if there is an easier way.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2005, 08:06 AM
    Isp
    Hi,
    Is there any way possible to get another Internet Service Provider?
    If so, try to find one where your connections all cost the same.
    For example; most local ISP's offer their internet connection service at a monthly rate, varying from around $15 US to $25 US, with no phone charges for dialing up.
    Check it out.
    Have a good day,
    fredg
    sfaisal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. Tell me is askmehelpdesk.com the same site which used to be askme.com 3 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    There would be no generic software for this. Each ISP uses its only accounting methods. In addition, there would need to be secure access to get such info.

The bottom line is to talk to your ISP about it. They are the only ones who might know if there is an easier way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sfaisal
    thanks for the reply. tell me is askmehelpdesk.com the same site which used to be askme.com 3 years ago?
    No, AskMe.com was started and run by some refugees from Microsoft that had this idea for knowledge management software. As a way to promote their product they started askme.com as a free, public Q & A site. Once they started to get customers and generate revenue, the need for the "demo" site was reduced. More and more resurces were siphoned away from the public site until a decision was made to cut it off completely. This was at the end of 2002. In its wake some other Q&A sites popped up. This was one of them. This site specifically "borrowed" its name and category structure from askme.com, even down to using some very similar screens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Out of Balance fan [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay fan in my kitchen, my wife wanted the kitchen repainted, the fourth time in as many years, why I don't know but she took the blades off the fan and now after putting them back on the fan has a terrible shimmy (it's out of balance) how do I rebalance it or get rid of the shimmy?

Best site of free software download [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals can u tell me the best site which offers free download of sotfwares

Mp3 free software [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any free softwares like audiogalaxy for downloading free mp3s

View more questions Search