Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharese24502 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Laptop mouse not working
    My laptop mouse is somehow locked and I can not click on anything what should I do
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 28, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Go into laptop bios, enable the pointer.
    Look on the laptop for something like synaptics and either re-enable it, or reinstall it.
    Alanawilkinson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by basscleff View Post
    go into laptop bios, enable the pointer.
    look on the laptop for something like synaptics and either re-enable it, or reinstall it.
    Hi I have the same problem but I can't even get the mouse to do that. I don't have a USB that I can try, anything else you could recommend?
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanawilkinson View Post
    Hi i have the same problem but i can't even get the mouse to do that. I don't have a USB that i can try, anything else you could recommend?

You need to first identify what key you need to enter the bios ( or setup utility).
    (IBM is F1, dell and other brands of laptops are different)

To navigate the setup utility - no mouse is needed, you use the keyboard.

Then enable the mouse or synaptics pad and reboot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Laptop Monitor not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having some troubles with my laptop. A few months ago the monitor went out and since I need it to do school work on I have it hooked up to a computer monitor. I assumed the monitor light just went out but when my laptop is starting up the screen works fine and comes in as it normally...

Disabling mouse of laptop [ 2 Answers ]

How can I disable the function of the mouse of my laptop. I only want to use an external mouse?

Mouse still working after hibernating [ 1 Answers ]

I have an asus motherboard P4V800-X , when I go to hibernate , the mouse still works and when I move it or press any key on the keyboard the computer works I want to disable this option because some time I move the mouse accidentally , and I don't won't the computer to work

View more questions Search