Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Love you hunny sending you lots and lots of hugs and millie ones too xxxxxx
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
    You know the sloppy pitbull kisses will be waiting for you when you get back. I am glad that you all were able to get there in time and be with him. I know it meant the world to him. Love you J. xxxooo
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Thank goodness no one had to make that decision you were worrying over.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts.
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
    ~hugs~
    ~hugs~
    My deepest sympathies to you J_9. I too watched my parent (mom) pass by into God's hands.
    I have been reading the posts here.
    My thoughts, prayers & love are yours & your family, as this new phase of life begins..
    God bless you all & bring you peace & grace. May His loving arms surround you and comfort you.
    Moomin
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 01:15 PM
    J we love you so much.

Thank you for sharing Dad with us. I just know he is resting and will now and forever be beside watching over our girl.

I just love you so much. Hugs to Mom and your entire family.

Love you now and always.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 01:19 PM
    You are continually in our prayers, J. My heart goes out to you and your family in sympathy and love. May God grant you all that you need and more. Hugs from the Barney Family.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Enveloping you in hugs from AMHD, Janine. There are just no words to express how I feel. Always here for you sweetie (except when that old computer acts up like last night! GRRRRR). You are right, though... now the healing process begins.

Love, Didi
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 02:55 PM
    You are all so wonderful. I didn't cry until I read a PM from Laura, yeah, thanks Laura, tears from a couple thousand miles away and I cry too. LOL, Goes to show you how close two peas in a pod are.

As my beautiful friend AllHeart stated so eloquently, "there are no reddies in heaven." LOL Thanks for that memory AH

Shy, my special Barney Family, you know just how special you are in my heart. I Love You, You Love Me. LOL

Kae, the card is beautiful. We can always count on you for beautiful visualizations.

Moomin, my new friend. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Joe and Superbaby family, you know you have a special place in my heart. I thank you too for being such a wonderful friend.

Now for you Didi. The computer, LOL, technology huh? Sometimes we love it and others, well... I understand how it goes. I can hardly get a cell phone signal here, so it is hard to call the ones I love. I have felt a connection to you from the start.

Oh, Ruby, love the wet sloppy kisses. They are great for a laugh when I just want to cry. LOL And just looking at you staring at me in that silly little party hat just warms my heart.

Em, you have become a wonderful part of the AMHD family too. Yes, it was nice that we did not have to make any decisions, that was going to be our next step after he slipped into the coma.

And Laura, you are just you and I love you.

If I missed anyone, please forgive me. I am here just trying to keep my mind occupied right now.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Hugs and coffee.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 04:15 PM
    I just want to echo everyone else words here J. Your in my thoughts and it is an inspiration to 'see' how you have handled this situation with such dignity and strength. Your dad sure did raise a great girl!
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Myth, thanks for the hugs and coffee, can I have mine with some Baileys in it please?

Skell, thank you for your kind words. Glad you see my strength, I knew it was in there somewhere. Sad that it sometimes takes something like this to bring it to the surface.

I will, however, remember how my father was treated by his caregivers during his last days and take that with me when I begin to pracitice nursing. I will remember the good and use it for my patients, I will remember the bad and vow to never treat anyone in such a way.

AH, CBW, and Ruby, thank you all for your calls today. You really have no idea how special you are to me.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 6, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Any way you want it hun...
    chaplain john Posts: 79, Reputation: 28

Jun 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Janine
    May God wrap you and yours up in his loving arms; pick you up and carry you through this dark time into the light and joy that surely is ahead.
    Prayers and Blessings,
    John
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jun 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Just an update. Dad passed today at 2:30 pm. He went peacefully after a bath, LOL, in his sleep.

Now comes the healing process.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and friendship. I could not ask for any better friends than I have here. You all are wonderful.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I disappeared myself for a while myself for the same reasons. I have suffered 4 losses in less then 6 weeks time. 2 aunts (my dad's sister here in California and my mom's little sister in Mexico) a beloved elderly neighbor and an old acquaintance.

Janine, words cannot express my sympathy. I've been there, I know the loss of a father. The pain, the sadness and even some feelings of hopelessness tend to linger. I will continue to pray for you and your family that the Lord will bring you peace and comfort as only he can. Lucky you that you had him as long as you did, blessed is more like it. If you're a believer, then you will see him again and he will not be sick, but the fun loving dad you remember.

All my love to you!
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Thank you for your heartfelt sympathies. It was a blessing that he is gone. I am sure in my heart now he is playing golf on evergreen courses, and riding his horses that he loved so dearly. I will see him again, he will be whole and healthy.

MC, I am sorry for your losses. It must be horrendous suffering so many losses in such a short period. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Just as you said to me, know that the Lord will give you peace and comfort.

My love to you MC!!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jun 16, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Janine - How can one cry and laugh all at the same time? Try reading your post and looking at your ridiculous Sponge Bob Square Pants Avatar who just so happens to be one of my husband's heroes and secretly one of mine, just don't tell my hubby...

Thanks!
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
    LOL, I have been doing a lot of laugh-crying lately. We are a very happy family, we play practical jokes on one another, etc etc, Every time someone crys about dad's death, another one of us cracks a joke.

Now, please don't anyone take this as crass but at the visitation Mom was carressing the urn, saying goodbye to Dad, then she looks up at me and says, and I kid you not "This would make a good doorstop!!!" I said "MOM!!!!" She said "Dad made me say it." You see, Dad's nickname was joker.

And Spongebob is a friend of mine too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    Janine - How can one cry and laugh all at the same time? Try reading your post and looking at your ridiculous Sponge Bob Square Pants Avatar
    Thank you for pointing that out. PMSL!!

I see now how it is hard to take me seriously.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I think Rubypit is so right, you mom has been with your dad so long she won't accept any idea like the hospital is suggesting, I'm sure. You have to be there and check it out for yourself and then have a heart to heart. Sorry to hear all this J9 if you need anything let me know!
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Loveless, I am sorry to tell you that my father passed almost two weeks ago. I was there and luckily we did not have to make a choice as his kidneys eventually failed him.

Thank you for your thoughts though, it was very kind of you to respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

I'm not sure how to handle the next two weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! So my friend who basically let me know by her actions she didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore (read my previous sob story post) did something that threw me for a loop this morning. During the meetings of our group I have stayed cordial but kept a big distance. I have to...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

Shower handle broken off [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have an unknown 3 handle shower with the middle handle broken off with the screw and part of the pipe that it fits into, in it! How do I fix this now? Thanks!

Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

The single handle shower control knob needs to be turned slightly on to prevent dripping at the faucet when turned off. I also can't seem to get the water hot enough for my shower. Am I just catching the water heater at a "down" cycle or is something deteriorating in the handle mechanism?

View more questions Search