Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaia213 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 05:04 AM
    It all depends what person your father is to you if you care about him stay strong with it but this is a bad thing I've got to tell

Your father will die soon there is no rescue unless you get back his will to live there is absolutely no thing that shall keep him alive I do not wish to say much either and I understand your frustration (I lost my dad at my age of 10)

He must have had a hard life but he must also have done things wrong which he rgrets it all comes back to you in the end and he has lost his will to live I am sorry for saying this but be prepared for pain

Yet be happy he lived so long and that you have a dad at your age mine had 56 when he died

You see there is still hope that he will live yet I dare not say the probabilities

But do not take all discourage in what I say I am a lot younger then you think fysically I am not yet an adult I might be wrong but the chances for that are minimal

Be strong help your father all you can if you love him, you do not have to give everything up since you only can take off 4 days a year

But your dad must have the will to live I know your mother wants to support him but I don't think she is ready for his death he can die anytime but there is still hope so do not give up the thing you must concentrate on is his will to live his fysical health is the doctors job
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia213
    You see there is still hope that he will live yet i dare not say the probabilities
    Thank you for your thoughts, but if you read the entire thread you would have noticed that he passed on June 6. So, unfortunately there is not still hope for him. He is at rest now.

Again, thank you for your thoughts, but please read entire threads before providing answers that may be incorrect or painful to the OP.
    Bubbler Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Jun 24, 2007, 08:16 AM
    J_9 I'm so sorry to read of your families loss ! At least your father is in peace now in a much better place than this earth.

You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Thank you Bubbler, your sympathies are greatly appreciated.

Yes, he is at peace and with his Lord now.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Okay, all said and most of what is said I feel for you too, even though don't know you a heck of a lot.

I was where you are two years ago and signed a DNR for my mom after putting her in a nursing home after taking care of her for seven years and going financially unstable doing it. She understood, she was not that far gone and we had discussed it. Although after getting her on the waiting list and waiting and waiting and something coming up and saying, sorry, not ready to let her go away from me yet, I did it. She was gone within a year of going into care. I loved her to pieces, there was only her and me like forever.

Now you know I am with you from reading here. Can you over-ride your mom with a Power of Attorney and put a DNR in place for just a little white lie. You probably know how badly your dad needs to move on. That was hard to say, J-9 and then you have to let them go in your mind and heart and that takes like forever and a day, but we all have to do this.

I only feel the best for you and your plight. God this is hard to do. Hugs.
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I am really sorry, but it seems as though no one has read the entire post here.

Dad is gone!! No I cannot over-ride a Power of Attorney and put a DNR in place as he is DEAD!!

Did any of you read this? I understand your thoughts and prayers and I totally and completely appreciate them, however, all of your suggestions are mute at this point.

Dad is gone, he passed almost 3 weeks now.

So there is no hope for his life any longer... No decisions have to be made any longer.

You see we said our goodbyes, he was cremated, we had a visitation and a funeral... He was buried in a Military Cemetery.

Please if you learn one thing from this thread, and this thread alone, it is please read every post in a thread as details change, circumstances change.
    gaia213 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 03:40 AM
    I am sorry for what happened I feel for you I lost my dad when I was ten so I know what you're going through yet the suffering is gone think on it I had lost everything there on my dad the only thought was he's not suffering I guess that's what kept me from being torn apart
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 08:59 PM
    J - I am sure that as people post on this thread it is difficult for you. I ache for you, sweetie, I really do. I think sometimes when a thread gets to be pages and pages long that people just read the top of the page and feel the need to respond with their hearts first, not their heads. I am sure that the responses are meant to help and heal, and I am just as sure that deep down you know this. Perhaps you should unsubscribe from the thread, hun, so you don't have to keep facing these types of responses right now. You can always come back to read the entire thread when you are stronger.

I love you, J_9... things WILL get better.

Love, Didi
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Thank you Didi for your heartfelt response. I know you are right that folks just read the intro and feel the need to help. Yes, I do get frustrated when this happens.

Rather than unsubscribe from this thread I will now close it.

Again all. Thank you all for your caring and thoughtful help. It means a lot to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

I'm not sure how to handle the next two weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! So my friend who basically let me know by her actions she didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore (read my previous sob story post) did something that threw me for a loop this morning. During the meetings of our group I have stayed cordial but kept a big distance. I have to...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

Shower handle broken off [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have an unknown 3 handle shower with the middle handle broken off with the screw and part of the pipe that it fits into, in it! How do I fix this now? Thanks!

Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

The single handle shower control knob needs to be turned slightly on to prevent dripping at the faucet when turned off. I also can't seem to get the water hot enough for my shower. Am I just catching the water heater at a "down" cycle or is something deteriorating in the handle mechanism?

View more questions Search