Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freshi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
    How to know what licence to get
    I recently got a cleaning job in a dental office. Now I am thinking of expanding to an acual business. I do not know where to start. Do I need more than one licence for the state of Washington? Where do I go to get it? What are some important things I should know going into this? Any advice would help. Thanks!:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I have looked. And, I don't believe that you need to get a license to clean in the State of Washington. You may also want to get bonded. I have never found it was necessary, though. Your reputation and references usually take care of any questions concerning your honesty and integrity.

Some important things to know and do:

1. Get insurance. Go to an agent who has many carriers so that you can find one that gives you the most coverage for a reasonable price.

2. I'm sure that you already know this but, take the appropriate safety precautions with whatever cleaning product you are using. Like, breathing masks, goggles and gloves.

3. Think of all the things that you would need to clean or maintain any kind of surface. Purchase those things. Keep your receipts for tax purposes

4. Best to have one vehicle that is just devoted to your cleaning business. Easiest this way for tax purposes.

5. Advertise. When you have enough money, put an ad in the Yellow Pages of your local phone book and in other news media that is in print. I am self-employed. Most of the people who find what I do for a living, find me in the ads that I place online. If you do a Google search for Clough Quad Cities, you will see that I am on the first three or four pages of the search. All of these ads are free! You could do the same thing. Any place on the Internet where I have an ad, is a place that works. I have been doing this for well over two years, and I know the ones that don't work.

6. Make your own business cards to save money. Always carry them with you. And, find a way to bring up what you do for a living in any conversation that you have.

7. Make up advertising "shingles" and place them anywhere you can find a public bulletin board where you will be allowed to advertise a business. Quick Shop type places, bowling allies, grocery stores, libraries, laundromats, etc. Can also give people your "shingles" to hang up on the bulletin boards of where they work.

8. Do an excellent job for people. Word will spread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my piercing licence? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on becoming a professional piercer and I have no idea where or how to get my licence, I live in mckinney texas(suburb of dallas) and I don't know where to go 2 get my licence I've heard you take a class and a test over it but I need to know where. If anyone could give me any...

Business licence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to open a babysitters agency do I need a special licence/permit?

Driving licence [ 1 Answers ]

I've no passport or other identification how do I go about applying for driving licence in uk I'm irish and living here two weeks

Do I need a business licence [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small business out of my home. I do photo slide shows onto DVD. I only plan on making around $1,000.00 a year. Do I need to file for a small business license in the state of GA?

Licence suspension [ 3 Answers ]

If you are asked to hand in your licence for 5 months and it affects your ability to work or commut can you fight it? As I haved to quite my job and move into town.

View more questions Search