Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Psal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Small business
    How do I even begin to start my own business. How do I get my name out into the public, and how do I get people to come to my business?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
    What type of business?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Sponsor ball teams, bowling teams, put up signs for the business, get listed in the yellow pages, news paper adds, and there are all sorts of advertising methods, from t-shirts on dogs to signs on moving trucks drivng around town.

Again if you are a bail bond agency, your advertising will be different than a ladies nail salon.
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 27, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Psal
    How do I even begin to start my own business. How do i get my name out into the public, and how do i get people to come to my business?
    Not sure what country you live in, if you are in the UK the best way is to put a little ad in a free paper, if you do so many weeks at a time you get them cheaper. Depending on the type of business you intend to open, you look down the business directories for the names of businesses that may be interested in your service, you send out about sixty letters, you devise this letter to sell you and your service, you introduce yourself and tell them how you could benefit them, you do this letter to all, but change the addresses obviously (is called a mailshot) you should get about 4 or 5 people that are interested, once you have them on board then you do it again, it all depends on the type of business, the best advertising is word of mouth recommendation, I know all this because I helped my husband with this side of things back in 1984 and his business is still going strong today, when you start you want to concentrate on having as few overheads as possible, i.e. work from home if you can. When you need a accountant make sure he/she is recommended. I wish you all the luck, hope this helps you, take care, love and peace anne x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

How can I start a smaal ready delivery concrete company in new orleans la.

How to start a small business. [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a small town and my sister and I are trying to start a small business and do not know what we are really needing to do. Can someone help me find out what I need to do?

Start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of...

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

View more questions Search