Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdcalvin02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2004, 02:27 PM
    Having monitor or video driver problems
    I recently accquired a used computer from my dad. It is a Dell computer, and I am using my old Gateway VX700 monitor. My problem is that once I formatted the hard drive and started reinstalling the drivers my display has not been good at all. It's really hard to explain what it looks like, but I'll try.

The monitor has a crisp display if in DOS mode or if that particular line of the monitor is all white. The problem arrises when there is any text/pictures/anything on the screen. It all seems to fade across the screen. As I am looking at the screen now there are gray lines that run from one end to the other in about 50 different spots, and they are all as thick as either the text, or the picture that is there. I can't figure this out. If you think you can help me, I would be glad to send you a screen shot of the monitor so you can actually view it.

Thanks for any help.

John
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2004, 12:49 PM
    Re: Having monitor or video driver problems
    Is it onboard video or a video card?
    Have you tried moving the monitor cables?
    When did you load the video drivers first or last?
    What type of OS Operating system are you using?
    Do you feel relaxed?
    What is you shoe size?

Enough of the funny stuff.

Do you see wavey lines or boxes?
    That's the dead give away,
    Wavey- monitor
    Boxes - video

OK MagikPoo... needs more input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video on monitor real small [ 7 Answers ]

Wasn't real sure where to post this My wife has a Pavilion Notebook with a big 17" screen. But the large screen doesn't do much good because everything is real small. Every window I open, whether it's a browser or some other prgramthe text is itty bitty, the window part with the -, X, etc......

Installing video driver [ 3 Answers ]

I have just downloaded the catalyst 5.8 driver for my radeon 9600 series video card I also downloaded the uninstaller, however I later noticed that the control panel was separate so it looks like I have to download that also. Is the following the correct procedure Remove all ATI products...

Video controller driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I reformatted my compaq presario 5000 with 98 SE and I have everything working but the display is awful. I have no choice but 16 color and small resolution. How can I find out what video controller I have? That shows up in device manager under other devices? The specs on my PC says I have...

Video Adapter and Monitor Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

My computer crashed and had to start over. My monitor use to allow me to run Real One Player videos. However now I cannot get the High (16) color. I have gone to the manufacturer site and downloaded the driver for my monitor. I don't know what is wrong or how to fix. I have also...

Monitor? Or video card? One's bad [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently I started to noticed what looked like my monitor starting to go. I began to notice that any dark lines on my screen were starting to 'smear' across the screen horizontally. So I thought it was my monitor as it was a few years old. So today I received my new one. The problem still...

View more questions Search