Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 27, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Confused by husband
    Me and my husband have a wonderful relationship. We communicate very well with each other. Last night he told me that he is getting bored of our nighttime rountine. We usually will put our son to bed, watch a movie, or just talk, then I will take a bath (it relaxes me) then we go to bed. I expressed to him that we really do that much at night because we have a little boy and I don't want to disrupt his schedule. He asked me why I take a bath every night. I take a bath because it relaxes me and it is something that I do for myself. It also helps me sleep better. Do you think that I shoud give up my alone time to satify him? I don't think I should have to. That is the only time that I get to myself during the day. Is there anything that I can do to apease him, with out disrupting my son's sleep or schedule. During the day we go to the park, and go for walks to get him out of the house, this is after I get off work or get out of a full day of schoo. Is it wrong that at night I just want to relax after a long day? Any advice would be wonderful... beucase I am stumped. Lol.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Suggest having a hot bath together sometime.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Maybe you should ask him-"If you are bored of our nightime routine, then what do you suggest we do about it?" I understand that it can get boring, but you're right-with the baby it's better to have routine right now. I think he needs to be patient and realize that it's not going to be like this forever. Have you explained to him how important it is that you have some alone time to yourself? Maybe you should give him just a little more attention than usual-spice up the sex life a little. I think sometimes we all want a little extra attention. Do you two ever go out alone together without the baby?

Apr 27, 2007, 07:59 AM
    To Krs. I have tried the asking him to join me... he dosen't like baths.
    To Missk... I asked him what he thinks we should do.. he just told me that he dosen't know. I told hm that when bay gets older that it will be funner but he just shrugs. I did spice up the sex life... even though I really don't ever feel like sex. We try to go out without the baby but the only people that we trust to babysit is my sister and mom. I am very protective and so is he. I don't know what is wrong with us. We talk great.. he is very informative as am I. He is just mad beucase he watches bay everyday and works at night. That will change after next week because school is out. I just don't want this routine stuff to ruin our relationship you know?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Then still enjoy your bath alone :)

This is a difficult stage for a couple. Just stick together and by time all will get better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
    We guys do get jealous with all the attention the baby gets, but we get over it. Have your bath at night, as you need that alone time, but just curious what would your husband rather be doing at night?

Apr 27, 2007, 08:17 AM
    He likes to go out and run around... or go for a drive like we used to do. I told him that we can't do that anymore beucase bay needs to sleep. It is like he is getting sick of his life. We talk but sometimes I wonder. When I ask him, he says of course not. But what else could be wrong. I know that bay is hard to take care of, and that he works two partime jobs one each night. But that is life you know? I work, go to school and take care of bay.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Can you take a little shorter bath and spend that extra time with him? Sounds like he is feeling a little left out.

Apr 27, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I only take a 5 to ten minute bath... and he sits in there and talks to me. I have to have a bath to sleep at ngiht. I used to take sleeping pills but now I take a bath to relax

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused Loving my husband [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know where to start. In Feb of this year my husband started staying out, he was drinking a lot at the time, he said he was making money?? This was going off and on he even told me one time that he "used to love me", he said I was a loud mouth female etc. All during the time that he was...

For my husband [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know how to start. Do I just say I hate myself. I am a young mother of 2. I've been married for 1 1/2 and my insecurities are going to ruin us. I can't watch a movie without starting an argument with my husband. Its so sad. I'm not over weight. I'm actually pretty petite. It's having to...

Confused husband [ 3 Answers ]

I am married 9 years.I have 2 young kids I caught my wife having an affair in October.it is still going on but she still lives at home and spends 2 nights aweek with her lover.I have to get out of the situation but not sure what my legal rights are.if I move out am I going to lose my kids.I am the...

My husband [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know why my don't want sex. We;v been maryed for 11 years. And when we do have sex I do all the work he dose nothing but lyse there he come in from work and sat around until is time to go to bed .but before he goose to bed he eats sweet at night and fills his stomach so full that it...

Can my husband do this? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm married with three children. We paid off the property and my name is not on the house or the investment property. I talked to my husband and asked him to add my name to the deed because I worked all these years and contributed to the bills as well My husband told me that he will not add my...

View more questions Search