Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rona tester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Water Mark on Light Oak Furniture
    I have a light oak sideboard which now has a water mark ring caused by a vase of flowers very slowly leaking out of the bottom of the vase.

Any ideas how to get rid of this ring? I have tried soapy water but to no effect.

The surface is not varnished, merely oiled.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    If the wood was oiled and not varnished the water has gotten under the oil. Before you try anything drastic try rubbing the spot with a terricloth towel and cigarette or cigar ash. It will act as a very fine abrasive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rubber Stains on Light Oak Furniture [ 8 Answers ]

We have a solid light oak wood end table where the rubber pads on the bottom of the clock radio have left many gray marks which we can't seem to remove. They appear to be imbedded; not on the surface. We have tried - soap and water, clorox bleach and even soft scrub. Any ideas what to use?

Cannot light Pilot Light on Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

My water heater is located in my attic. After Katrina, I had to repair my damaged roof and it seems that the attic fan went out. Since then my water heater pilot light has repeatedly gone out. I can re-light it usually, but the lack of air up in the attic causes the light to go out. Presently,...

Installing 3/4 oak hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to install 3/4 oak hardwood in my kitchen. I have a laminate wood floating floor down now and just had new cabinets installed and there bigger then the old ones. The front of the cabinets sit on the floating floor. My problem is I can get the floating floor up because there's no...

Poison Oak Prevention [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I went hiking Friday night with a close, intimate friend and he contracted severe poison oak about a day later. I didn't get any poison oak from this, but I was wearing jeans and long-sleeves. He had shorts and short-sleeves on. So while I most likely did not develop it from the plant, I...

Removing marks from light oak furniture [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: We have a solidlight oak wood table which someone stood a chilled alliminium lager can on in 2 place and we can't get the stain out - anyideas? Also on another piece of solid light oak wood furniture the rubber pads on the bottom of the telephone have left marks which we can't seem to...

View more questions Search