Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Creating A Personal Philosophy
    Just Do It!

One of my favourite little sayings, especially when it comes to getting things done around the house.

I think about what needs to be done and then I sense all the excuses rising in my head and I say to myself, "Just do it!"

You see I already know how bad I am going to feel if I don't do it and how good I will feel if I do. I just try to remind myself of that fact.

So rather than waste time and energy putting off something that you know you will have to do eventually why not Just Do It!

Act As If...

Another of my favourite little sayings, especially when I'm feeling a little vulnerable.

In order to get by until I am feeling strong again I tell myself, "Act as if... Act as if you are in control until you are. Act as if you know what you want until you do." Fake it till you make it!

Just do it until you can do it without beating yourself up all the time.

Moans and groans and excuses do become a habit. We know that just getting stuff done is what will make us feel good. Right? So why do we make so much work for ourselves?

Next time you are confronted with any difficult situation simply remind yourself of how good you will feel when everything is done and dusted.

Take Time To Smell The Roses.

Take time to smell the roses, the coffee, the fresh cut grass, the real leather, a fine wine... Whatever rocks your boat! Play the 'When I grow up I want to be..' game with your partner. Or the 'If I were rich...' game. Or 'If I had three wishes...'. It's fun. Dream big dreams - in colour! No matter your age there's always time for some fun!

Got anything you might like to pass on?
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 9, 2007, 09:00 AM
    I like your ideas :). I personally have a problem motivating myself and I have tried something along these lines but I was younger and didn't have a strong will or really care. I'm a little older now although I am still young (19) so I will give this a try once more and see if it helps me this time around.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Here's my philosophy on life in general:
    On my way to middle school with my mother one morning I was complaining about an ugly blemish on my face and my mother looked a me and said "As long as you smile, no one will notice it." It's so true if someone is happy and smiling, people tend not to pick out their flaws! So my little motto since then is to simply SMILE, it makes EVERYTHING better!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy Debate [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, I am currently taking a philosophy course and we have been assigned a debate assignment that is in regards to the morality of stem cell research. My group was given the task of being opposed to stem cell research. If anyone can give me any idea why people may be opposed to stem cell...

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

Philosophy and psychology [ 5 Answers ]

How important are philosophy courses to the training of a psychologist?

View more questions Search