Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Takeing a class
    Next year I will be taking a class at JVS for 2 years I am 17 now I am planing on becoming a teacher and I love kids and I am wondering if anyone could give me a hand by giving me a heads up about this I am a male so if that changes it at all I know theirs not a lot of male kids will be the first male this teacher will teach I am really looking for it I just don't want to blow it or something anyone give me some tips? Need more info post what you need to know and ill give you the info
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I don't want to be off base, but if you want to be a teacher you need to clean up your spelling and punctuation. Future employers will judge you by your presentations. Could you tell me what JVS is and where you are located? A teaching certificate requires a 4 year BA degree in most states, some will accept a BS but only in a qualified Education program designed to lead to a teaching certificate. Love of kids is a good start but it will not carry you through all of the way. What are your strengths and what did you like about your own school experiences?

Apr 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    I don't want to be off base, but if you want to be a teacher you need to clean up your spelling and punctuation. Future employers will judge you by your presentations. Could you tell me what JVS is and where you are located? A teaching certificate requires a 4 year BA degree in most states, some will accept a BS but only in a qualified Education program designed to lead to a teaching certificate. Love of kids is a good start but it will not carry you through all of the way. What are your strengths and what did you like about your own school experiences?

I know my spelling is bad I am working on it and JVS is a joint vocational school if u Google it you will see more on it but basically it teach you what you want to learn its national ranked in some things I live in Ohio near Cleveland them I love everything about school perty mainly sports lol not huge on reading but I am a strong reader not so good at math everything is pretty easy and I love my 9th grade teacher was their for students and helped them get out of trouble but then he would tell you how to handle things he was very smart kind of like my 8th grade history teacher the 9thgrade teacher was a inclusion teacher I am in their because of my spelling anything else you need to know let me know thanks

Apr 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noeymc
    Next year i will be taking a class at JVS for 2 years i am 17 now i am planing on becoming a teacher and i love kids and i am wondering if anyone could give me a hand by giving me a heads up about this i am a male so if that changes it at all i know theirs not alot of male kids will be the first male this teacher will teach i am really looking for it i jsut dont want to blow it or something anyone give me some tips? need more info post what u need to know and ill give u the info
    Its lorain county when u Google it put that in their
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
    A certificate at JVS will only get you into a daycare center making around $8 an hour. If you want to become a teacher you need to consider doing this at the college level. To teach anything but daycare you will need a Master's Degree in Education.

Apr 28, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    A certificate at JVS will only get you into a daycare center making around $8 an hour. If you want to become a teacher you need to consider doing this at the college level. To teach anything but daycare you will need a Master's Degree in Education.

Yes I understand that part of it but this is the best class I can take at this time to get me ready
    I was told this class you make a lesson plans and other things along this line so in that case it will help prepare me to become a teacher I hope I wouldn't mind working at a daycare but I want to be a teacher because of the impact they had on my life
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 08:14 PM
    I will graduate this coming fall and receive my teaching degree:) A love for kids is the first and foremost most important thing to have. You have got that so you are off to a good start. As for worrying with what classes to take, don't worry with that until you get to college. At college you will have an advisor that will help you choose all the classes you need to take to get your degree. It will be good to have the practice at those lesson plans though. Trust me you will be creating more and more and more of those, until you can't stand it. Just follow your passion and don't worry about all the details until you get to college.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Aug 14, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Congratulations on you attitude. You have what it takes to become anything you want. You think positive and you are doing what you want. Work at Daycare setting first to get the experience and go to college on evenings. Little ones need so much guidance, role modeling and care. If you can help someone jump start in the right directions, you made a difference in that child's life forever. Way to go!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online free A+ class [ 2 Answers ]

I have been looking for free online classes on A+ Thanks in advance.

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

Class assignment [ 4 Answers ]

I have an assignment in my ag mechanics class. I am looking for ideas. I'm coming up blank. I need to design as 12-15 minute activity dealing with anything ag mechanics, like woodworking, electricity or engines. Please help

Domain Name Trademark Class [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get a tradmark for a domain name. The website that would use this domain would sell Wireless internet access. I was wondering what Trademark class this type of service would fall into. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search