Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pack Leader Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
    What breed of dog, is my dog Annie?
    Can you help me figure out what kind of dog Annie is? The rescue told me that she was a shepherd mix, but what else?

She is the sweetest dog. I have had for over 2 years. She was abused by someone and is terrified of people. She loves other dogs, especially her brother Nicky. It took me over a year to get her to sit close to me and give me a kiss. She is doing much, much better now.

She is terrified of cameras, so it is hard to get good pictures. I'll post a few, so you can see her coloring and type of hair.

TIA
    Attached Images

Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 26, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Its hard to say. It could be one other type or 2 or 3 or more different types. You never know. But it is a BEAUTIFUL dog. And you can tell her I said that too ;)

Apr 27, 2007, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayden
    Its hard to say. It could be one other type or 2 or 3 or more different types. You never know. But it is a BEAUTIFUL dog. And you can tell her I said that too ;)
    Annie says Thank you :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2007, 04:11 AM
    The color and pendent ears could be hound. Thank you for giving her a home.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 04:26 AM
    She is beautiful!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Very beautiful girl! I ditto labman's sentiments. Thank you so much for giving her a home and working her through her problems. You have a good heart.

She does look like a shephard/hound mix (possibly beagle?) to me.

Apr 27, 2007, 09:17 AM
    My guess was Shepherd and Beagle. She is pretty short but weighs about 45 lbs.

I also have 2 other 'special needs' dogs. Chocolate lab with 3 paws and Pit Bull mix with one eye. I call it my Mis-fit Island ~ lol and we are a very happy family.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 27, 2007, 09:50 PM
    What a gorgeous dog! She looks so happy!
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I think it is a shepard, beagle mix, look up each breed : ) good luck I hope I helped!
    -Abby
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Hmm, well she is very very beautiful. I think she's between a shepard,Sheltie,beagle and possibly hound. But very beautiful. You are sooo nice, Keep adopting animals like so. Great great job. When I get older I'm planning on opening a small shelter with dogs and animals.

DogLover62
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2010, 08:24 PM

Sheltie-beagle is my guess too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How large will my mixed breed dog get [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Newfoundland Black Lab Mix puppy. He is almost 6 months old. He weighs about 65 pounds. His father weighed about 130 and his mother 80. How big can I expect him to get?

When should I feed my dog adult dog food? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolat lab that just turned 1, and I'm wondering when do I stop feeding her puppy food? Omar

What breed is my dog crossed with [ 5 Answers ]

Hi was just wondering if anyone knows what my staff puppies are crossed with? Thank you. http://13-11-06_1924

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

Cross Breed Dog [ 0 Answers ]

Inbreeding brings out recessive traits. Closely related dogs are more likely to have the same recessive problems. I have heard of deliberately breeding siblings to see if there are problems. If that doesn't produce problems, then likely there won't be problems breeding to other dogs. So the...

View more questions Search