Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
    My parents say marriage not now!
    It's high time I start rethinking my efforts to get marry.My parents told me I still need time and money to do so.But I have friends who are already enjoying their kids and wife now.If I don't get married too soon I guess having a baby will be the only solution so that my parents will have no option than to ask me to continue with the relationship.Please tell me what to do.Can I go ahead with my plans?I need a wife to call me 'honey' and 'darling' too.I need a child to call me 'dad'.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Well if you are 25 , then get married, your parents can't stop you.

If you are 14 ( and it sounds like it) you need to wait till you are mature enough.
    You can expect the wife to also tell you to pick up the house, get out and get a second job to pay the bills, tell you to shut up, tell you not to go out with your friends and so on.

And after the child calls you dad, you have diapers to change, throw up to clean up and 1000's in doctor bills to pay.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 26, 2007, 09:29 PM
    WHOA! Don't go making a baby just to gain your parents' support for a relationship! Let's make a list of objectives here: (By the way, they only apply if you are an adult)

STEP ONE: Find a nice girl and date for a good long while
    STEP TWO: Don't listen to your parents telling you what choices to make
    STEP THREE: Propose if you love her and can't imagine your life without her... EVER
    STEP FOUR: Get married
    STEP FIVE: Have a whole soccer team of kids if you like

Now, let's address some other things... how old are you? Are you ready to settle down, or are you trying to "fit in" with what your friends have done? Could you just be rebelling against your parents' expectations? Is there someone special? Bear this in mind, even though divorce is rampant, it is not meant to be a safety net for people who aren't ready to be married. It isn't supposed to be an "out". So before you get married you need to know you are doing it for the right reasons and with every intention of walking the extra mile over and over. I hope you really think about this because as exhilarating as being a newlywed is, being a divorcée is more harrowing. Good luck.
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

Apr 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Yea how old are you?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Don't just have a baby as a solution... a child is not a solution, a child is person comes to this world to be loved by its parents.
    However, its depending all on your age and maturity.

I can't really give you advice without knowing your age because if you are 16 its one things whilst if you are 30 its another.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

Apr 29, 2007, 03:58 PM
    I think you should first grow up...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 04:08 PM
    First - Your not mature enough to have a wife, and your not mature enough to be a dad.

Second - Marriage is between two people that love each other.

Third - After being in marriage, when two people love each other and they decide to bring a child into the world because there love is pure and strong and they have the means of taking care of a baby.

Fourth - You have shown in your post that you want to get married for the wrong reasons and you want to be a dad for the wrong reasons.

Fifth - Your plans will fail and you will have a life of turmoil if you think you should go ahead with these plans.

Joe
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Thanks folks for your advice.
    I realised my parents just want me to be a man before getting married they are very stern and blunt when it comes to my love life and they don't even want to see me go to parties with friends but to stay at home and study.They prefer to see me successful before getting into 'for better or for worst issues' or matrimonial irregularities and hurdles at my tender age of 20.

However,my classmates are now talking of babies and their parents take good care for their babies.Some unmarried,some affianced,some still in their boyfriend and girlfriend stages.I really want to get married.I strongly believe I can make it...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 01:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzane
    I realised my parents just want me to be a man before getting married they are very stern and blunt when it comes to my love life and they don't even want to see me go to parties with friends but to stay at home and study.They prefer to see me successful before getting into 'for better or for worst issues' or matrimonial irregularities and hurdles at my tender age of 20.

However,my classmates are now talking of babies and their parents take good care for their babies.Some unmarried,some affianced,some still in their bf and gf stages.I really want to get married.I strongly believe I can make it...
    You really need to wait at least another 5 or 10 years when maybe then you will be more mature and actually ready for the responsibility. Your not right now, so I think it is best you listen to your parents, if you do not then your just going to fall flat on your face. Its your life and your choice but no matter what they know you and how immature you are and unprepared you are. Did you have a sheltered life, that could be part of your parents fault but eventually you will need to do your own thing and mess up on your own. Some people learn the hard way.

Joe
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 1, 2007, 07:56 PM

However,my classmates are now talking of babies and their parents take good care for their babies.Some unmarried,some affianced,some still in their bf and gf stages.I really want to get married.I strongly believe I can make it...
    Your parents are absolutely right when it comes to paying attention to your study before you get into "for better or worst issues..." and how about enjoying your life before you tie the now.. you are 20!!
    See the world, travel, gain experience, live your life to the fullest before you start thinking marriage and baby's...

You strongly believe you can make it ?
    But why on earth at the tender age of 20...

And doesn't it take 2 to tango ?

First learn the tango and the variations and then... hit the dance floor.
    Life is too short, enjoy it first... you are 20, not 40.. .

Good Luck
    lilkittenx2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 1, 2007, 08:02 PM
    It's high time I start rethinking my efforts to get marry.My parents told me I still need time and money to do so.But I have friends who are already enjoying their kids and wife now.If I don't get married too soon I guess having a baby will be the only solution so that my parents will have no option than to ask me to continue with the relationship.Please tell me what to do.Can I go ahead with my plans?I need a wife to call me 'honey' and 'darling' too.I need a child to call me 'dad'.
    Well it isn't your parents decision its yours. Its good you want a family but it is good that you don't have it to soon. You don't want to rush into it. Especially with the wrong person either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mum suggested this guy for marriage but he wants to be a friend first [ 4 Answers ]

I am seeking advice and guidance in turning down a friendship propsal from a prospect chosen by my mother for marriage... I initiated the contact and exchanged mails to check the compatibility although he was very impressed and said that he likes my views and opininons but before he could say yes...

Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had just been refused entry into the UK from Trinidad. The Immigration are not staified about her intension because she had her CV, College cert. with her. We have been dating for over a year. Can She appeal against the decision? Also what are the legal requirements to get married in...

Medical bills across marriage boundries [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I have been stewing over this question for about a year now, I have ask about everyone out here in the real world, and have gotten all sorts of answers. On this forum, there seem to be some knowleglable people who have been through stuff like this before, so let me throw the question out...

Marriage or De Facto? [ 16 Answers ]

Just wanted to understand a bit, why do people get married. Don't take this as a cheap childish question but I have given it some thought. Why not just live together, be together, but not marry. Marriage is like a big burden, forcing you to stay with the person you love. I know, people will...

Intercultural marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I married an Indonesian man in May 2002Someone please tell me something about Indonesian men and how they approach marriage. After only 7 months, I am ready to file for divorce.He came into my home and immediately started throwing things out.Things I have had for over 20 yrs.He checks on my phone...

View more questions Search