Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Is Graduate school education necessary for a Lady?
    In time when people think ladies should attain the level 1st Degrees and start taking care of their children.I don't think it will be proper for the girls to go as high as the Masters and PhD level.1st degree is important for their base and they can take care of their matrimonial homes and thiking of how to cook food for their children and husbands.Please don't get me wrong since there are reported cases of girls being too proud of attaining a higher level of education than the husband and feels superior to carryout house chores.Some think there is gender inequality so they should treat the husband badly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Was this posted in 1950? I can't believe that in today's culture, someone is saying ladies don't need an higher education because they need to be at home doing their "wifely" chores.

Women today are doctors, lawyers, and research scientist, areospace engineers and maybe just maybe one will be president next election.

What was that old saying "barefoot and pregnant"??

This has to be either someone from another culture other than America or Canada where the equal rights or women isnot on the same level, or someone just being silly I hope.
    hcourtne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2007, 09:34 AM
    I am too dumbfounded by this question that I don't even know how to respond. Are you serious or is this a joke? I am a highly educated woman and I do not treat my fiancé badly because I want equality. I simply ask him to do his share of the household work because we both have careers. Wow.
    Kirand Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Yes, if that is what the lady wants, then she should do it! This is not a question of culture, society, family, or whateva... its what you believe and want to achieve in life.. and if the girl wants it then why not! People can think whatever they want... as long as there is an understanding and equality between the husband and wife... nothing that can come between them... like ego about who has earned a higher/better degree... I mean come on!. its is your personal choice and what you use that degree for in future.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Dec 17, 2007, 12:55 AM
    For your question,I think different people have different ideas! And different people have different standards for herself or her life! If she really likes to get masters and thinks whick is helpful for her life,she can! But if her goal have conflicts with her family,she can find a way out to solve the problem,no need to give up unless she likes to! A woman has masters or PHD level does not mean she will definitely treat her husband badly and feel superior than her husband although there are some women do this thing! But I still think that should be personality problems have something related to her education(school education,family education and environment education) which she got when she was still a child,just like all people think rich wife from rich family always look down upon her poor husband! But actually not all are the same! Depends on how you look.Anyhow,a woman has right to get and pursue what she wants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working on H1 B and going to Graduate school part time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There - I am currently on an H1-B Visa and working in NJ. I am also taking graduate school classes on a part time basis at Rutgers Univ, New Brunswick. My question is regarding the fees I am paying for my graduate school. Even though I have been living in NJ and paying taxes here since 2002,...

English major looking for info re: graduate school selection [ 1 Answers ]

I know there are several reputable books available for purchase with information about receiving a quality education, but it has been my experience that online resourses are much more informative and typically have some way of connecting with people who have had experience with a particular thing. ...

Son didn't graduate high school what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello my son dropped out of school at the end of his senior year. He thought he was doing the right thing We live in Ky. He got a job in Fl. Making 25 an hour. This is good for a 18 year old boy so he thought. The company got in trouble now he has no job or diploma. He now has no job. This...

Graduate degrees [ 3 Answers ]

In order to get a masters degree in a field, is it necessary to have a bachelor's in the same field? For example, if I get a business degree (BBA) from one school, and I get good marks and do well on the MCAT, could I apply and be admitted into Med School?

Primary school education - catholic [ 1 Answers ]

Does the parent of a child in catholic school in New York State have the absolute right to have the child transferred to another class? And where can I find the rules or statutes pertaining to this?

View more questions Search