Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AuntieMae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Dishwasher Jet dry leak
    I have replaced the cap for the Jet Dry in my Whirlpool dishwasher and it still leaks the jet dry when I close the door and the dishwasher is not in use. I see the blue liquid running down the door. I have even let the liquid go almost to empty and it still leaks. Is this a normal thing with dishwashers?::confused:
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 26, 2007, 06:09 PM
    The dispenser has a solenoid-operated plunger and when operating normally, it is closed to keep the Jet Dry from leaking out except when the solenoid gets energized during the rinse cycle. Whether the dishwasher is old or new, the plunger seal is probably defective and someone has to install a new dispenser assembly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Water Leak near bathtub but no leak behind tub found [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed water marks in the ceiling on the lower floor that is about 3-6 feet away from the tub above that floor. I had noticed similar leak several years ago, just painted it over and did not see any more water marks for several years. I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I...

Faucet leak from middle hole - leak under cabinet [ 8 Answers ]

I hired plumber to install new faucet on my kitchen sink and bathroom basin. He did a good job with it, but while he was installing them he did not use silicon putty under the faucet gasket. I told him or remind him to do that but he still didn’t do it and told me you don’t need grout under new...

Engine Oil Leak/Antifreeze Leak--2001 Chrysler Town and Country [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 T & C has 82K and what I am told, by a reputable source,but not a mechanic, is an engine oil leak. The leak seems to be toward the front and middle. I haven't noticed an oil smell, any smoke, etc... but we are also trapped in below zero weather in Nebraska. I was also told there is an...

Jet Tub [ 16 Answers ]

The water drains from my tub very slowly. I have poured bleach and boiling water down the drain but it did not work. Can I pour bleach and boiling water down the clean out drian that is below the faucet. What can I do with out snaking out it out. Something I can do myself at home? It is...

View more questions Search