Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hartsofd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Finding a job in Texas with Felony DWI
    I am a surgical technician by trade. Have done it for 18 yrs. I got my last DWI 5 yrs ago and it became a felony. I am having touble finding a job now. Any job. Anyone know who I should talk to about getting a job (any job) with a felony DWI in Tx.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hartsofd
    Anyone know who I should talk to about getting a job (any job) with a felony DWI in Tx.
    Hello hart:

No, not really. However, it's been my experience that it's about 5 times harder for an exconvict to find a job. Therefore, you're going to have go to about 5 times as many interviews as those who are not feloniously challenged, such as ourselves.

If you DO it, you'll find work. What?? You thought it would be easier??

excon

PS> OR, in the alternative, you could go into the surgical technician business, and contract yourself out. In your marketing materials, you don't have to tell 'em squat about your felony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honesty on job appl with felony conviction [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. Was convicted last year of 2 felony counts of welfare fraud (failure to report changes). Though I have a degree I couldn't get a job at Wal-Mart if honest about my conviction. Which I was on 90% of applications and about starved. Finally ignored question on a couple of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

How to tell a job about felony probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was hired for a job about 5 months ago. About 2 months ago I was arrested for somethng that an attorney could get me out of but I had to take a public defender.. How do I tell my employee? :o :( :confused:

Concerned with DWI! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DWI on my record and I want to know if on an application when it ask if I have ever been convicted of a crime should I check yes and explain or is it considered a traffic violation. It was a mistake that I used very poor judgement and have no other record of being arrest or traffic...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search