Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbs72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2005, 07:40 PM
    Filing Joint return question
    Hello, We live in Texas. My wife stayed in IOWA for first 4 months of the year so her W2 has IA state tax information. I never stayed or earned in IA. When filing joint return my tax software is including my income as part of IA income. Is this okay? It seems like we owe taxes to IA.

Thanks,
    Hemal.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing return for ITIN, ID Card requirements [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have come to US in Apr-2006, couple of months back. I am on H1B I have a SSN no, and I have not filled my tax returns anytime. I am located in AZ, USA. My spouse is on H4. We don't have any children. I have few questions regarding getting her ITIN: 1. Its still time to file my...

Joint account interest filing separately [ 5 Answers ]

In the case of a joint account, who should show "interest income". I am Filing as resident alien. My husband's filing as non resident alien (and does Not have to pay taxes on interest income, I believe).

H1B Taxes Joint Return 1099-INT [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on F-1 visa since Aug 2001, and then on F-1/OPT till Feb 2005. I converted to H-1B on Mar 1st 2005 which I still maintain. I got married Feb 2006 and my wife is also currently on H-1B. I also have some interest income (1099-INT) during 2005. 1. Do I meet the Subst. Presence Test to...

Filing an amended return [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for my return already and I had a job related move which I claimed as under exemptions. I was trying to find my receipts over the weekend and could not find receipts for some $300 for the move. I am thinking of filing an amended return and putting in only the value for which I can find...

F1 To H1B tax return filing [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know what form should I use to file my returns? Here is the information on my status. I came in USA in August 2001 on a student visa. I got my OPT in Jan 2004. And I joined a consulting firm and started earning from May 2004. Meanwhile my status was changed from F1 to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.