Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaimke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Re-wiring antique chandellier
    [F]I have undertaken the task of re-wiring an (8) eight lamp fixture, which has small base sockets rated at 75w each. My first question is that:If the primary power source is 18ga. Lamp cord, after the box which is 14/2 w/grnd. What is the correct wire application? Second question: Is a separate ground wire for the fixture necessary if the box is grounded, and if so, what is the appropriate method of grounding? ?
    Anthony_ Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 05:16 PM
    18 gauge can be used to rewire the fixture. Ground the box, and ground the fixture using a pigtail off the ground in the box, to the spider plate or whatever bracket you use to mount your fixture with using a machine screw.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. I have an old(? ) treadle sewing machine in a fold-away wooden cabinet. It is a "Beaver" sewing machine and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. Can anyone help me with finding out how much it is worth, or where to...

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

Antique headboard [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame. I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a...

Antique model ship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased an antique medieval carrack ship modeled after a ship in the 14th-15th century. The artist used burlap for the sails. It has a solid wood hull. Does anyone have experience with the history of model ship building and the various materials used during different point in...

Antique mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique riding lawn mower that has a Briggs and Stanton engine, was made by MILBRADT. My guess it was made in the 1920's or 30's. Does anyone know anything about these? Year or value?

View more questions Search