Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rja13skc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Scotts Lawn Tractor
    My Scotts lawn tractor won't start. When I turn the key, it just make a clicking noise. The "book" states it may be the starter or the solenoid? What's a solenoid and where is it located? Actually, what does the starter look like?
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Before I can assist you I need more info as to the size engine HP, how old is tractor, Thomas
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Follow the red (+) positive wire off the battery and it connects to the solenoid. I would double check voltage at the battery, common problem. I have a series of diagnostics that have been posted prior.

Don
    terrypea Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 09:35 PM
    IF you have similar to me (s1642 with a Kohler Commander 16):
    There are a few electrical interlocks; if one is 'open', you may get a clicking sound.
    One for the lever engaging the mower blades; it should be in the disengaged position.
    If it's out of adjustment, try pulling it toward "disengaged" while turning the key.
    One under the seat; you must be sitting in the seat, unless you have engaged the brake lock.
    One for the brake; press the brake fully and engage the lock at the base of the steering column.
    The solenoid is about 8 inches in front of your battery and the starter is attached to
    The right rear of the engine and has a single red cable attached to the bottom, from the solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

How much trouble is it to change the drive belt on a 15.5hp Sears Lawn Tractor? Seems like the speed of this lawn tractor has slowed down. I am assuming that the drive belt could possibly be stretched. Any onther ideas?

Weedeater lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weedeater lawn tractor age unknown but 5-8 years guessing with a 12.5 briggs engine, went to start it last week and clicking was all I got so tried to manually turn crankshaft and it was froze, this week I got to tinkering with it and was able to turn shaft and it fired up like always,...

View more questions Search