Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadqueen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Maytag refrigerator model MTB2455ARW
    Yes the frig is staying at 50 degrees and the freezer at 35-40.we've tried all the ideas we've found on the web. Cleaning, coils , shutting down frig and leaving it open for a day. We have taken the back panel off inside the freezer twice, defrosted it and plugged it back in, both times the thermastat is froze back over and ice is up and down the coils. It seems to us that when the thermastat freezes over that it is making itself think it is cool enough so not enough cooling gets down to the frig. We've narrowed it down too, defrost timer, defrose thermastat, and defrose heater, but buying all of these can become costly, can u please help us:confused:
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
    It could be any of the defrost items you mentioned. If you have a volt-ohm meter you can test the defrost heater thermostat and the heater itself. The defrost timer usually has a knob or a big plastic looking screw on the front of it. You can mark it with a marker and check it a couple of hours later to see if it has turned. If it hasn't turned, you have a bad motor in the defrost timer. You can also turn the knob real slow and at some point you will hear it click. When this happens the compressor and the fans should shut off and the defrost heater should come on. But, if the defrost thermostat is not cold enough or its defective, the heater won't come on. If you have a voltage meter you can check the voltage in the defrost cycle to see what isn't working. Please don't try this unless you feel safe and qualified, it can be dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a new maytag refrigerator (2005) model PBB1951HEW which makes a very loud knock/pop even when the compressor isn't working. It's so loud that it wakes me up during the night. It's as if somebody is throwing stones at it:D... very strange and annoying.:confused: Any...

Maytag performa refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a maytag performa model PSD264LGRW and the water line is leaking. Is there a way to turn off the water flow to the refrigerator without shutting off the main water valve? Thanks.

Maytag plus refrigerator MSD2356AEB [ 1 Answers ]

This appliance dispenses ice/water. The water/ice selector is stuck at "crushed ice" and neither ice nor water can be dispensed. I am house-sitting and Maytag does not have the on-line user manual for the appliance. Grateful for any suggestion. Leonard

Maytag Refrigerator Lights Have Gone Out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Plus Refrigerator, Model MTF2456AE and lights have gone out in freezer and refrigerator. I have replaced all the bulbs and still no luck. Can I fix myself? Is there a fuse that might have gone out? Do I need to call a repairman? :confused:

My Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And...

View more questions Search