Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostintheworld Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2005, 09:07 AM
    Introductions and...
    I went to a friends birthday party this weekend and meet a girl. I spoke with her about five differnet times during the night... I even "saved her" at one point from a "sleazy" guy... at the end of the night my friends were leaving and I went up to her asked her if she wanted to exchange numbers... then came the longest pause of my life... I could feel we weren't on the same page, so to break the silence I said do you have a boy friend? And she replied "sort of" so I said "it was nice to meet you have a good night"... Well this has been happening a lot to me lately, spend the whole night talking to a girl and not getting the number... besides feeling rejected and hurt I'm being to think I need a new approach. So girls when a guy approaches you and after you have gotten past the introduction, what do you want to talk about? What qusetion should a guy be asking? Should I talk about my career, I do have a good job and when I tell people they know I make a lot of money, but I'm very humble and dislike talking about money so I never push it, I actaully down play it... HELP ME PLEASE
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
    Well - DON'T ever talk about yourself!! Woman hate guys who are trying to convince woman to like them.

Let the woman talk!! Learn to listen. Initially woman like to talk about themselves.

You need to break out of the 'nice-guy syndrom'

You have to be funny - funny.

Go to:

www.sosuave.com

www.relationships-bog-city.com

www.lovetactics.com

www.askmen.com - dating - read Doc Love - he would call you a Wuss.

Read EVERY dating article on Askmen.

Unfortunately woman are NOT attracted to nice. They don't want a jerk, BUT they want Confidence, funny, mystery (don't talk about your self), and a man in control!! Don't smile as much. Learn to flirt - you were probably in friends mode.

Woman like a guy who will bust her chops - sometimes woman NEED to be put in their place - they need a guy who is in control - a guy who will disagree with her. Being agreeable is not attractive.

You need to create attraction. Being nice does not create attraction.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 28, 2005, 04:10 PM
    Relationships
    Don't often talk about relationships,but as it's late I thought what the hell.Me and my partner have been together ten years this September.When we first met at college,I thought she was "a know all" and she apparently thought"I talked too much!" Yet after a few weeks we got talking in the college lounge,and realised we had things in common such as music and a crazy sense of fun.

Let things happen naturally,don't try too hard,and don't come across as an ,otherwise it's goodbye.Dont lie,or pretend your something your not.My partner said it was the fact that I did'nt tell 'porkies' which swung it in the end.I said it was her bank balance! :D

Only kidding.

Nez.
    _Ash_ Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 01:09 PM
    Sorry Wild but I don't agree with u... if your talking to girls... YOU have to talk about yourself but by being funny ! Like today in the examination hall.. this really cute girl was sitting on the next bench besides me ! And I got down on my knee's, had a "HUGE SMILE" on my face and I said "PLZ PLZ PLZ YOU HAVE TO HELP ME ! "... thts a real stupid thing to do ! After a few minutes the conversation goes like this

Me :- So whts your name?
    she:- she told me her name :D

(it was really a weird name... never heard something like that before !)

me: sorry I wasn't able to get it
    she: said her name again
    me: *still confused*... okay ! But I still didn't get it =S
    she: its all right... happens with me all the time
    me: how about u gimme your id ! Maybe I can figure it out :p
    she: *gives it to me*
    me: hey thts a very... ummmmm... UNIQUE name !
    she: so whts yours ?
    me: call me whtever u want to ;)
    she: *snatches my id*
    me: *tells her my name* :p
    she: OK
    me: hey thts not fair :mad:
    she: y ?
    me: don't u know your supposed to say it's a cute name ?
    she: yeah thts a good name =)
    me: yeah I know :P

say more stuffs like that... make her laugh ! And the next time she see'z u... just kind of ignore her... if your lucky.. she might come and talk to u... one more thing... when parting... just say that u'd love to meet her some other time... in case if she wants she herself will give u her number!. also when talking to girls... FEEL REALLY AWESOME ! Give a huge smile as if your so damn glad to talk to her... don't make a ed up face because that will just turn her away 4m u !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Introductions subforum [ 29 Answers ]

Well we tried putting a read me first message on the forum and people are STILL posting questions there. May I respectfully suggest that no one answer questions posted there. Just point the person to the correct subforum to post. If we answer questions we will continue to get people posting...

View more questions Search