Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntmiguez Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Weight gain from pregnancy.
    I have a 10 week old son and I still want to lose 40 more pounds to get to the size that I was... how long does it take for you to get back to normal... and does anybody have any good ideas on how to loose weight? I know it takes awhile for your body to adjust but I'm depressed because of my weight because I used to be so tiny somebody please give me some tips... they are really needed at this time!! :mad: </IMG>
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 04:23 AM
    Well, are you getting exercise? Eating healthy?

These are two very important things. Also understand that it has only been 10 weeks. Remember it took 9 months to put the weight off. So it will not come off overnight.

It is a shame, but giving birth to children does change our bodies, for some women permanently. I was a size 2 before becoming pregnant with my son, now (he is 5) I am a size 8. I have just learned to be happy with who I am.

So, get some exercise, eat well, and get as much sleep as you can. Give it time, remember you didn't put the weight on in 10 weeks.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
    There are many factors that play into your weight and how quickly and easily you can lose it. First, are you breast feeding? If you are breastfeeding, that often helps you drop the pounds faster (as well as helping the bleeding to stop faster) Doing exercise(depending on what the doctor told you you can do at this point, whether that be going back to your normal routine, or starting light, etc) can definitely help drop those pounds fast. I find that taking the baby out, either in a stroller or a front carrier, can help you get great exercise with brisk walking, and you can still take baby along. Its hard to get away to a gym, esp in the beginning(and if you are feeling uneasy about your body image) Eatting healthy. Going back to your previous eatting habits can be difficult, after concentrating on gaining the weight and eatting the way you need to(and want to, when splurging) while pregnant. We sometimes get into the habit of eatting large quantities, and often, and this can stick with us after baby is born, if our appetite doesn't immediately shrink down. During pregnancy it is suggested that you eat several, SMALL meals through the day. This is good advice after pregnancy as well. If you eat 5-6 SMALL meals through out the day, it helps keep your from getting to the point of starving(at which point you stuff yourself to over flowing) It also helps you to concentrate on eatting healthier. Eatting your breakfast. Then eatting a small snack of fruit a few hours later. Then at lunch time, eatting a healthy sandwich. A few hours later, eatting a salad. Eatting a healthy dinner. Its important to never eat immediately before bed. Save At least an hour, perhaps two, before going to bed after eatting. Often times we get caught up in the daily activities, and we find its time for bed, but suddenly realize we haven't eatting in a while and are really hungry. What happens then is that you eat a lot, and immediately go to bed. The time when your metabolism slows down the most during the day. And its easy for the food to turn directly to the fat that we don't want, because it doesn't get burned off, the way it does during the day. So make sure that if you do eat before bed, its just a small healthy snack that will be easier for your body to use during sleep. Now, that simple facts. Some women can drop weight instantly. Some it takes months, if not years to get back to the way they were before, and even then they sometimes don't make it. I was a size one when I had my first son. When I got pregnant with my second son, I was a size 5. He's due anytime now, so I am anxious to find out what size I will be now. Either way, do what you can for your weight, and when you find that you can't go any further, do not stress over it. Stress tends to stack the fat on even faster, and make it harder to lose, so definitely don't want that. Just be proud of your new curves, and how you got them. If you are proud of the way you look, you will be beautiful, no matter what size you are. Your man might even find you more attractive. (I know my hubby does. I have hips, and more curves to me since I had my first son, and I was proud of it, and had that glow to me. He found it very alluring. Most likely, yours will too) Good luck hun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gain Weight [ 6 Answers ]

Ok people I'm 19 and I weigh 120... I was worndering if there's Any quick way or what I need to do to gain weight... I would like to get to atleast145-150... How long would that take me?following the steps I need to take?

How to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My son not eating solid anything only taking liquid what can I do

Weight Gain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Was not to sure which category to put this under. Well I am a 33 year old female and I am 5'1 and weight about 95 or 96 lbs. I think I am underweight. But I eat like a pig. I am not picky at all with what I eat. So how would I go about gaining weight? What should I weight? I used to...

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

Pregnancy Weight Gain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I have gainned 15 lbs already.. Is this normal?? My doctor said that I can afford to gain weight but then said this is too much. I am frustrated because I am too big for normal clothes but too small for maternity clothes.. Am I gainning too much.. I am 145 lbs...

View more questions Search