Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntmiguez Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Been bleeding for 21 days
    I just had a baby 10 weeks ago and I started this month on the 5 and its now the 26... is this normal since I just had a baby or no? Its heavy and there are clots.. I also did just start birth control- the nuva ring..?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 04:29 AM
    This is not uncommon. However, it is important you contact your doctor to make sure that it is normal for you.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I agree with J9, it could be normal for you,esp since you just started because. Its not uncommon to bleed for an extended period after baby is born.and every woman is different in how long and how much they bleed. However, it is very important for you to talk to your doctor about this, to make sure that it is something not to be concerned about and the amount of bleeding and size of the clots. Since they know the history of the baby's birth, etc, they will better be able to judge how long the bleeding should take place, etc. Congrats on the new baby!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I agree with the first 2 posts. I bled for 2 months after each of my kids (sorry if that is TMI) - but I had a lot of hormonal balance issues with each.

Talk to your OB.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Yes, I'm pretty sure I bled for about 4 weeks after my first son. Then a few weeks later, I started up my period, right back to the way I did before I got pregnant. Just have to make sure that all is well from the doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bright red bleeding 12 days before expected [ 1 Answers ]

I took my first BC pill, missed the second, took the third, missed the fourth, took the fifth and sixth, and then stopped taking them. I had unprotected sex four times during that time. My period would normally be due May 18, but today I had bright red (usually I have dark red) blood that came on...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

Bleeding 3 days after rough sex... [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 35, two kids, tubes tied. My periods are pretty regular and I am in very good health. My husband and I, on occasion, have “rough sex”. I ended my last period on November 30th. Friday night (December 8th) we engaged in some pretty rough sex. Here it is the 12th, and now I'm cramping and...

Bleeding 5 days before period due [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering for some advice on this I have 4 children and have periods that I can set my watch to. But this month my cyclce isn't due to start till the 15th of August but I started bleeding lightly last night. It isn't heavy I haven't soak a pad in the last 2 hrs possibly enough to wear a liner...

View more questions Search