Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntmiguez Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 01:37 AM
    10 week old baby
    Are you supposed to give them water? I am a new parent and I don't know unless somebody tells me lol... and if so how much and when?
    Attached Images

curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Cooled boiled water is normally given around the 4 month stage when they start solids.
    bonfayeandluke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 03:24 AM
    My baby is ten weeks old and I also have a five year old when my five year old was first born I gave her cooled boiled water I'm also giving it to my baby now. The milk they have is there food so they need a drink. Your baby probably won't drink much of it but try it as much as you like out of a slow flow teat. Prepare for some spluttering lol xx
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 3, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tntmiguez
    are you supposed to give them water? i am a new parent and i dont know unless somebody tells me lol... and if so how much and when?
    It won't hurt to give them water every once in a while. Just don't sub it for a feeding.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

May 3, 2007, 10:03 AM
    αww congrαts:) my bαby is 11 weeks αnd I give her one ounce of wαter occαsionαlly.. bαbies get thirsty too:)
    dsrk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
    My daughter is 10 weeks old and the only time the doctor wants me to give her water is if she want to eat her bottles before at least two and a half hours apart
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

May 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Water is not necessary at all for infants, unless they are dehydrated from illness. Breast milk and baby formula are all the food and liquids a baby needs. In fact, giving your baby water will fill his/her stomach causing the baby to eat less.
    Momof3girls Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vlee
    Water is not necessary at all for infants, unless they are dehydrated from illness. Breast milk and baby formula are all the food and liquids a baby needs. In fact, giving your baby water will fill his/her stomach causing the baby to eat less.
    I agree. I have 3 girls and my youngest is 10 weeks. I have never given any of my kids water. The breastfeed or bottle feed and that's it. They don't need something to wash the milk down. Good mom for asking though. Not that water can hurt them, but they don't need it.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I agree... they don't need water for a while. My son was given solely breastmilk, and soy formula for the first year of life... (to drink that is, he had baby food too, once he was old enough)
    rachelander Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vlee
    I agree. Baby will just end up with water in the tummy instead of something nutritious, like breast milk of formula (which are both mostly water). If your baby had a high fever that might be a different story, but probably not.
    Jelybn22 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
    My son is 6 weeks old and when he was born my pediatrician told me not to give him water until he was a month old. But at one point I thought he was having trouble pooping so I gave him a few sips of water a day and it helped (he was not yet a month old)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

What is with this week? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone else been having a drama-filled week? UGH I just need to rant a little bit... Too start, my ex and I have been on talking terms again.. no arguments for a while, and I was getting to like him (not in a way to get back, just seeing the guy I fell for in the begining). At one point he...

One more week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I just had to make a new post... :rolleyes: My Dr appt went really well today. The u/s and weight assessment was about five and a half pounds for each of the babies. I'm at three cm and it really doesn't look like I'm going to be progressing into labor anytime soon... :( Sooooo... I'm going...

10month 3 week baby - lack of sleep [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 month 3 weeks baby boy - who is a wee dream, he is so good natured and content. We have one small problem... sleeping. He will not sleep through the night. He is still sharing our bedroom but is moving in the next month or so to his own room. I have no problem getting him to sleep...

View more questions Search