Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gernie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Being in the army and a mother of 2
    How to decide what to do if you're in the army and just came back from iraq and about to have your 2nd baby and 5 months later you're going to have to go back to iraq. I don't know if I should stay in or get out?:(
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 10:44 PM
    No one can answer that but you. Discuss your circumstances with someone you know and trust before making such an important decision.
    Hannah Senesh Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Jul 27, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gernie
    how to decide what to do if you're in the army and just came back from iraq and about to have your 2nd baby and 5 months later you're gonna have to go back to iraq. i don't know if i should stay in or get out?:(
    As I'm a young veteran myself, I got to say, I don't know how you parents do it!! I was single with no dependents when I was enlisted, and I would have had a very difficult time going overseas with a husband and/or a child or two.

When is your ETS? I would say you do a cost/benefit analysis. The deployment will be 15 months, right? Is it worth it for you to be absent that long, with two very young children at home who you won't see for over a year? For most people, the answer would be no.

Best wishes with whatever decision you make! :)
    gernie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I knew it would be hard to leave my kids for 15 months but I have to. I reenlisted for another 4 more months and going to iraq September this year. My ets is 2011. I really have no choice but to sacrifies for now. Hoping that it will pay off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Army sign-on bonus [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US Soldier trying to file taxes. Last year I got a sign-on bonus of 10k, and they taxed 2500 out of that. This isn't on my W-2, and I never got a 1099 (or anything else). How do I report this, and will I get any of that 2500 back?

Old black and white army movie [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have much info about this movie but any help would be appreciated... it is a old black and white army movie all I remember is 1 character is named pruit he and his srg. Don't like each other and end up in a knife fight in the end and pruit dies wish I could remember more

Getting married to the army [ 4 Answers ]

What exactly do you need and have to do in order to be married? My boyfriend is coming home on leave and we are going to get married at the courthouse what do I need to do? And if I lost my birth certificate can I use just my id!!

Spirit army [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem very shocking it certainly was to me. The other night in bed under the influence, I happened to see a dark figure come out of the bathroom door. I prayed to God , my spiritual advisor and to to send all good spritits tohelp me. The images left my room. The next day looking out the...

View more questions Search