Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith1012 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
    How to I fix this loneliness and be happy
    How do I fix this? I'm feeling very depressed now because I have no body to talk to at school. I made the mistake of hiding around school avoiding people at school, as a result right now I'm friendless and have no body to talk to. I just walk around all alone and scared to talk to new people beacsue I have no other friends to look over to put me into confidence. When I see my cousin with all these people I could have known, I get even more depressed. It is hard for me to stay positive because I have nothing to make me gain confidence. I keep thinking I lost so much chances in life and now I'm going to be a loner when I go to university. I have some people I met but I just can't seem to have the happiness to talk to them because after years I only have like 4 people I know out of the 1000 people that are in the high school. Please help tanks.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
    You need to talk to a school counselor. You will be surprised at how much they can help you. College is much different from high school. There is a wider range of people and it is quite easy to make friends. You need to get out there and be known. Get involved in extra-curricular activity. You have to PUSH yourself to get out of this rut. I know you can do it. It is hard but you have to stop thinking like this and you will be amazed at yourself just by the change of attitude. Please, please get the book that I recommended on your other post. I truly believe it will help you. You have to want to help yourself, no one can do it for you.
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 25, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smith1012
    How do I fix this? I'm feeling very depressed now due to the fact that I have no body to talk to at school. I made the mistake of hiding around school avoiding people at school, as a result right now I'm friendless and have no body to talk to. I jsut walk around all alone and scared to talk to new people beacsue I have no other friends to look over to put me into confidence. When I see my cousin with all these people I could have known, I get even more depressed. It is hard for me to stay positive because I have nothing to make me gain confidence. I keep thinking I lost so much chances in life and now I'm going to be a loner when I go to university. I have some people I met but I just can't seem to have the happiness to talk to them because after years I only have like 4 people I know out of the 1000 people that are in the high school. Please help tanks.
    Don't worry about the friends that you could have had, it takes two to make a friendship, think of the friends that you are going to have now you have come out of hiding, many people in life have just a handful of friends, the reason is that these are quality friendships, real friends that are there for you when ever you need them and vice versa, so quit worrying about what might have been and live for the future, don't use people just to make up numbers, speak to people because you care, show you are interested in what they say, and just be yourself, be happy and enjoy your quality friendships, they are the people that will be there in years to come, not people that were just there to make up numbers. Take care, love and peace anne x
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Try walking up to someone that you know is easy to get along with and asking a question on a subject that you know they are interested in.This would work better if you share the same interest and have a bit of knowledge it of yourself.Be brave --its going to be up to you to make the first move. --Savage
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Ask your cousin to introduce you to some of his friends. Make eye contact, engage in conversation and suddenly you will know a couple of people. Once you get to know them better you can decide to make friends with one or two. I firmly believe you can only have a couple of real friends, others just end up friendly acquaintances.

And remember the formula to determine if you have a friend or a real friend. A friend helps you move. A real friend helps you move bodies. j/k!

Another good thing about going to university is that your old rep as the "quiet kid" or the "brainy geek" or whatever disappears and there will be a whole lot of people that will be just as freaked out as you are about the college experience.
    carolinagirl_kelsey Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Don't be crippled by self doubt. Self assurance is a useful little skill to have and will transfer to the university, the future job, and all future relationships. Try talking to people in your favorite classes. They chose the same class as you, so you must have something in common. Do not be put off if you are ignored, because there are so many more people to discover and enjoy in the world. With depression, it is hard to obtain functional, normal relationships, but healthy relationships could be therapeutic. Put yourself out there, do not be discouraged by failure, and keep trying. Find people who feel the same way and perhaps you will pull each other up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm happy, but is he? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been married for 1 year now and all together I have been with him for 5. Since we said "I Do", Some things haven't been the same. Now we are both sexually and physically attracted to each other... that's not a problem, but every time we get into an argument he threatens he wants a divorce,...

Not Happy [ 1 Answers ]

Im not happy with my other half and its driving me nuts I don't know what to do? Trust me I've tried everything I think that we bring out the worst in each other I'm just scared of making that next step in going our separate ways:(

He is never Happy! [ 2 Answers ]

MY husband and I have been married for 2 years, It seems that no matter what I do or how I do it, it is never the right thing for him. I am currently attending college in a very competetive program which requires intense studying sometimes, I also work full time and have one school aged child. I...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search