Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolinagirl_kelsey Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Technique versus Style
    I am having trouble distinguishing a writer's technique and style. I need to understand the difference.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I've been mulling your question over.

With dance it is easy. My technique is how I execute the steps, my style is Irish. If you apply the same logic then I would believe that technique is how you communicate the story, i.e. narrative, 1st person, prose and style would be the genre like Southern Gothic, Biography or Romance.

If this is for homework, don't quote me!
    carolinagirl_kelsey Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 05:45 PM
    I guess I should have specified that this is merely for my understanding. I have been struggling with this concept while analyzing literature and I would like others' input to augment my understanding.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
    I know that William Faulkner's style is Southern Gothic, but I don't know how to describe his technique.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shooting power and technique [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 questions. 1. How can I get more power for my shots. My comfort range is right about the free throw line. For free throws it feels like I have to use all my power from my legs and arms just to get it to not hit the rim and swoosh. I shoot close to how players shoot in the nba. I bring...

Painting technique [ 2 Answers ]

I am painting the wall in my livingroom and would like that sort of streaked mexican unfinished look. How do I do this?

Hair cutting technique [ 1 Answers ]

There is a hair cutting technique called DISCONNECTED LAYERING. What is the definition of disconnected layers, and how are they cut?

View more questions Search