Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bookmook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Creditors calling at work
    I have notified the agency previously, via fax and it is noted in their system not to contact me at work. The representative stated that the account was past due and they had no other way to contact me. Do they still have the right to harrass me on my job regardless of the status of my account? If not how do I go about filing for the penalties against this corporation?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I've been told this is a gray area, they have to be able to contact you, if you didn't give a home number then they can call to get other contact information.

Also, depending where you live you have to send them a notice to not call by registered mail with proof of signature before you can file a complaint. Where do you live?
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 25, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Why don't they have any other way to contact you? Have you refused to give them your personal number?

I'm not an expert on this, but I know you can be served small claims suits at work and this is similar to that even though they haven't filed a lawsuit yet against you.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Send them a leeter stating. " ALL CONTACT WITH ME SHALL BE DONE IN WRITING ONLY." Also noted that any contact done by phone shall be deemed as a violation of the Fair Debt COllectors Act, and will be report.

By the statemnt of all contact shall be done in writing gives them a way to contact you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Residual Creditors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the technical definition of Residual Creditors? Can you give an example of this. How does it differ from Trade Creditors?

What can creditors get in ny after judgement? [ 8 Answers ]

I was contacted by a creditor saying that there will be a summons issued to me for a debt I owe. I have never been sued before and I am not sure how this works. My main question is what assets can a creditor go after after there is a judgement awarded? I know they can garnish you wages and get...

Creditors calling at work [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do if I have already instructed a company not to contact me at work and they do anyway?

Can creditors take taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Before we were married I had a lot of debt that is not paid.I'm not aware of any judgements but if there are can these creditors take my husbands tax refund if we file jointly?I do not work outside of the home and have no income.

Creditors [ 2 Answers ]

My car was impounded in Washington state. I offered to give the towing company my title for the car, they said that I still have to pay for it staying in the garage even though they had they title. Before they said this they sent me a letter saying they were going to sell it. How can the charge me...

View more questions Search