Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahmarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Is the doctor wrong
    Hi the doctor said I am 21 weeks pregnant but at my ultrasound yesterday the baby already weighed more then a pound I got my period on nov 27 at least I think it was
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Apr 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Doctors make an estimated guess based on the information that you provided,However the ultrasound would be closer to correct. I also think that you should keep in mind that no matter what either one says your baby will decide when he/she is ready. Hope this helps.
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
    No one can say exactly how far pregnant they are unless you know exactly when you conceived. I was given 3 different due dates during the start of my pregnancy and my baby wasn't born on any of them. I agree that the ultrasound would be more correct as they can see the development of the baby, the doctor only goes on your menstrual dates.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Well according to the day you thought you last had a period and based on a typically 28 day cycle, I am getting the same answer. At 21 weeks your baby should be roughly 360 grams, which equals 0.8 lbs, so actually a 1 pound baby sounds about right... hope that helps...
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2007, 02:11 PM
    That was the same that my baby weighed at 21 weeks. The doctor said "he's just gonna be a big boy"
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Apr 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmarie
    hi the doctor said i am 21 weeks pregnant but at my ultrasound yesterday the baby already weighed more then a pound i got my period on nov 27 at least i think it was
    Unless you can pin point the exact date of conception, it's an educated guess. With the average due date its usually plus or minus 3-4 weeks. Our the babe is going to be a big one. My best wishes to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

11 weeks pregnant, could the doctor be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I went to the doc they told me that I was 11 weeks and I am getting so biggg And I took 6 hpts and they either came back invald or negative up intill Sunday then it came back pos I have always been little and now I have a belly so can anyone help me and tell me what kind of questions to the...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Should I see a Doctor [ 2 Answers ]

HI All, I have had my period for 13 to 16 days now. For the past 5 years I have averaged a period every 6 weeks for no more then 5 days. I have had two surgeries for endometriosis. Is this normal and at what point should I see a doctor?

Why should I go to the doctor [ 4 Answers ]

I am a student who is doing a speech on why people should go to the doctor. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a few reasons that will back up my reasons. If you are a doctor that would be so helpful. And if you could please give me your name (last is fine) and what kind of doctor you are,...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

View more questions Search