Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2005, 08:19 PM
    Excel help
    I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then go from there. I am pretty good with excel but I am not sure how this can be done or if it can be. If it can please someone help this is not a big deal but it would be nice to know how to do this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2005, 06:16 AM
    Excel does support forms, so you could create a form and/or some coding to prompt you for the values to insert into the specified cells. What you should be looking at is getting into VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) which can automate Excel to a large extent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows excel [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone advise how to create a form with excel that is for continuous checks, form size: 8.5" x 7"? Page Setup Does Not Do The Job. The printer I'm using is an EPSON FX-880.

Excel [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I try to use excel to print an invoice, how can I put an invoice number that will auto upadate the next time I use the file?

Question about MS Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to copy & transpose the content of one spreadsheet to another without cell reference changing. It seems that I just cannot use Paste Link and Transpose at the same time. What should I do? Thanks in advance, Wei

Hyperlink in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask me, Could you please tell me how to create a hyperlink In Excel so that it opens a specific word in a Word Document? Thanks, Cris

Excel gridlines [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get gridlines to print when I am creating a prototype, so some cells have no data in them. I wish to fill them in later by pen. I know how to get the gridlines to print with data in the cells, but they will not print without any data in the cells. Thanks, dg

View more questions Search