Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BARNESY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Symantec Norton Internet Security 2007 Upgrade
    I purchased this on 10/04/07,via their website.

They said it had been successfully downloaded.However when I activate Norton it keeps telling me I need to renew my subscription.(Actual renewal date is 18/05/07).Have I renewed too soon?I seem to be unable to get any help from SYMANTEC/NORTON>

Can you guys help?

Regards---BARNESY:confused:
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 25, 2007, 09:16 AM
    If you cannot connect to the Symantec servers to activate your product, first check to see if you have parental control software, either installed or through your ISP , that might be blocking the connection.
    A connectivity problem may occur if you are using parental control software. If you suspect that parental controls are blocking the connection, you can configure the parental controls so that they do not block the activation procedure. You will need to sign in to your parental control software as an administrator, or log on to the Internet through your ISP as an administrator to change your configuration.
    If parental controls are not the problem, or if you cannot reconfigure your parental controls to resolve the issue, you can activate by phone.
    Before you begin, be prepared to write down the code that you may receive at the end of the call.
    To activate your product by phone
    1. Disconnect from the Internet.
    2. In the Connection Problem window, click Activate my software by phone, and then click Next.
    3. In the Phone Activation window, select your country.
    4. Use the telephone number that displays in the box to the right.
    5. Follow the voice prompts that are provided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Norton Internet Security [ 4 Answers ]

I've finally (& successfully) removed Norton Internet Security from my computer. My computer seems so much faster without it. Any suggestions on what I can replace Norton with? I'm using XP w/ Firefox as my browser.

Removing Norton Internet Security [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has viruses and I am a victim of identity theft. I tried installing McAfee but it won't allow full installation without remving Norton Internet security first from my computer. I tried going to add/remove programs and it won't allow me to. Can you help

Laptop malfunction after Norton 2007 upgrade download [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. Reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve...

Norton Internet Security 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I uninstall NIS 2006 from my computer. It won't let me. It seems it has locked me out and can't change anything about it.:mad:

Norton Internet Security [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005 onto my XP machine. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new...

View more questions Search