Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrpr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2005, 05:50 PM
    Filing with taxact.com
    Has anybody used taxact.com or have any good or not so good comments about them? Thanks... jrpr
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 27, 2005, 02:04 PM
    Jrpr:

I use the professional version of Taxact software. The software is not the most sophisticated available, but it does the job and is very economical.

I have no personal experience with their on-line service, but I have heard good things from others about it.
    pip601 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 08:08 AM
    I have used Taxact for the last three years. One year, I was skeptical and had some variations, so I took mine to a professional, who after two weeks came up with the same figure I did. So, what I am saying is that I think it works great, and the electronic filing has worked every time. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ISTAXES or TAXACT... need some help here! [ 6 Answers ]

I did my taxes last year but I just did it randomly and I only got a dollar back and I begin to think I might have done it incorrectly. Following is my criteria: 1. I have been in US from aug. 13th with f1 student visa status from Nepal. 2. I have some medical and social security tax...

Filing Tax without W 2 [ 1 Answers ]

First of all thank you for your reply on my last post about tax filing for 2 states. I have one more question. As per your reply I have to file taxes for 2 states now. But I have a W 2 from one state only. I am a consultant working in IA while my employer is in NJ. The withheld taxes are paid to NJ...

F1 to H1B tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a little confused about what forms and how many versions of them I must fill out this year. I was an F1 (Canadian) student (on OPT) until 4/1/05. After that date, I became and H1B non-immigrant worker. My employer has broken my income into two separate W-2s. The first, from when I...

Filing for NJ and NY [ 31 Answers ]

I worked in NJ and NY this year. I am a NJ resident. I am using turbo tax. When I do each state filing, do I only enter the W2s that were sent by that state into the respective return or do I need to keep them add them together? Any insight is appreciated. Dave

Filing [ 2 Answers ]

I am legal guardian and conservator of my incapacitated mother. How do I file her taxes?

View more questions Search