Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peyton666 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Soul mate or many?
    I would like to no iwhat people's thoughts are on the idea of a soul mate? Do you think that there is only one true love out there for us or do you think that there can be love found everywhere?:confused:
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 25, 2007, 05:30 AM
    I've got to be honest, although I am deeply in love with my girlfriend and would certainly class her as my soul mate, but I find the thought of 'One true love' in a World of billions of people a hard concept to grasp!

Ever the pessimist! Lol!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:35 AM
    I don't agree with 'the one'. With every relationship you have to work on it and unfortunately life is not a fantasy and I don't think for many of us ever lives up to our perfect 'dreams.'

Personally I believe there is love to be found in many people in the world, with every person there are new unique differences, dislikes, likes and flaws. You can be in love with many people, perhaps a connection will be stronger with different people, but as said above I do find it a hard concept to grasp that there is a soul mate.

In our lives so many people drift in and out. Some will be with you for many years, friends will experience many happy memories with you, then the next they will be gone for ever or maybe even a few years. The only people who are usually with you throughout are your family! I say treasure everything you have for it may be a short time...
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:44 AM
    I don't think the concept of a soul mate is particularly healthy even if it is true!

You should want to and expect to work at a relationship to make it work. If you find your perfect soulmate then it's a bonus!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Its so easy to believe in soulmates when they are there in your life, and when they leave for whatever reason its such a hole in your soul, but life moves on to the next soulmate. The concept can get you stuck when things don't work in the long run. But makes for great romantic movies.
    Warning" Real life is not a movie with happy endings, but hard work and a lot of learning.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Love and a idea mate is the one you work hard making a relationship with. Also since all of us change every year as we grow and interact with people, the perfect person 10 years ago, is not always the same today, if they are not growing and changing with us.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
    I Agree with Tal. I think in life you may find about 3 people who could be your soulmate at a point in time.
    Time changes things, as one gets older, what you think was your soulmate at a certain age changes as you mature.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:17 AM
    I am not sure if I truly believe in the statement. Humans have an amazing way of healing themselves (it does take time though). So I think you could find 2 soulmates or even three.

But what about that first love... now that is hard to get over :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
    First love, yeah, I am still struggling, in all honesty I am completely confused over the term 'love' now but I am hurting still after 3 months after my first proper girlfriend.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Absolutely think that soulmate is a con people use to elevate a relationship into some "destined", higher level.

Bullsh!t.

I have a great marriage to a great woman. I think, if something happened to either of us, its possible for the other partner to again find a great person and have a great marriage.

Now... in the first 35 years of my life I've had three to four real loves. If I had to choose the soulmate tag, id say maybe two of them would have qualified... one being a girlfriend I dated when the timing was really off.

So... I think you might find a few people in your life who can really be that something extra special. It takes time. Some people might never find it. Some might find a few.

But often, at this site, the term soulmate is used by one of two groups of people:

1) young people who are still learning what love is and are at that stage where everything is new

2) people who are in a serious relationship but in love with another person... like the married person who wants to be with another and is trying to justify leaving the relationship by elevating the connection to the other as a "soulmate" connection.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Yeh agree there. Soul mate - don't think so! In some relationships such as excellent marriages yes it will be an amazing, loving, special time but there not the only person in the world who you could have a connection with.

My granddad was married for many years, his wife (my grandma) died of a heart attack and he met another 10 years later. It is definitely possible to find love again.

Soul mate definitely a bs made up word used time and time again for justification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I begin this affair with soul mate. We are married with children [ 33 Answers ]

I have not had an affair yet and have a soul mate that I did not marry when I was in college. We began dating in 1992 through 1994 then he went into the marine corp. We saw each other on and off until I became married. A year before my wedding I tried to contact him but could not get a hold of him....

Soul Mates? [ 9 Answers ]

If 2 people believe they are meant for one another and this is a strong feeling they both share. Do you think they can make it through any challenge with one another? We have experienced so much turbulence and seem to manage through it. Now I am afraid we at our biggest challenge. I do believe...

11 yrs later the soul mate is still here [ 11 Answers ]

The first day of college 11 years ago I met a man and we have been connected in what can only be explained as soul mates to both of us. He was in every single one of my classes on the first day and at the end of that day I walked right up to him and said "you are looking at me, I am looking at you,...

Dead Celebrity Soul Mate Search [ 11 Answers ]

Take the test. Who is your love match?:D Dead Celebrity Soulmate Search

Soul Mate who refuses to disclose anything [ 6 Answers ]

I am talking to this person via email and a few times over the phone. I feel he is my soul mate. I could be wrong. He would not even answer a simple question like what kind of music he likes. Why does he not answer my simple question. I want to know everything about him but he would not let me...

View more questions Search