Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Favourite sandwich?
    Im hungry and I'm stuck on what to have,

What is your favourite sandwich? What sort of bread do you prefer? Do you use spread, butter or mayo? Any favourite sauces you just have to have??

Go on give me some ideas I'm famished :D
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Apr 25, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Reuben sandwich, absolute best:

Reuben sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:17 AM
    I am a fan of the classic BLT with Hellman's mayo

Good crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, tomatoes.

Or you could have the Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is my hubby's favorite :)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:20 AM
    My favorite sandwich is made by a deli near where I work. They call it the New Yorker. It is thin sliced pastrami and turkey with swiss cheese on a sub roll and they use Russian dressing rather than mayo or mustard along with lettuce and tomato. Yum!
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Im starting to think that america has better sandwiches than us mmmmm I'm so hungry
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 25, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Hi-fibre white loaf with Red Leicester cheese and home made coleslaw gets my vote. Flora Light marg, scrape it on scrape it off. Only time to have a good butter is when you have chip butty (fried spuds to those left of the pond)
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:29 AM
    The other thing that we have here that I absolutely love for a lunch (big lunch though) is the Muffaletta Sandwich. It is a staple in New Orleans.

A typical muffuletta consists of one muffuletta loaf, split horizontally. The loaf is then covered with a marinated olive salad, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmantaler, and provolone. The sandwich is sometimes heated through to soften the provolone.

Yummy
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    The other thing that we have here that I absolutely love for a lunch (big lunch though) is the Muffaletta Sandwich. It is a staple in New Orleans.

A typical muffuletta consists of one muffuletta loaf, split horizontally. The loaf is then covered with a marinated olive salad, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmantaler, and provolone. The sandwich is sometimes heated through to soften the provolone.

Yummy
    Wow that sounds like a meal in itself giggle yumm
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 25, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Anything from Subway really!

Meatball Marianara with extra cheese! Yummy!

My nephew likes tuna mayo on brown... with grapes in! It's pretty nice apparently!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:35 AM
    My sister used to work at a sandwich shop in New Orleans (20 years ago) that made soft shell crab sandwiches. They were good, but kind of creepy because their little legs used to hang over the bun.

I am a hamburger gal myself. We have a place called Kelly's here that makes a Sod Buster burger. It is a fat burger with bacon and white american cheese with Ranch dressing then whatever you put with (lettuce, pickles, etc.) I always go home with a sore belly after eating there.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Emland agrees: Muffalettas are great, but I am too lazy to make them.

I am too... But when in doubt hire out!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Anything from Subway really!

Meatball Marianara with extra cheese! Yummy!

My nephew likes tuna mayo on brown ... with grapes in! It's pretty nice apparently!?
    How bads this I've never been in a subway I'm a bit of a sucker for the traditional deli's that make sarnys :D but I have to admit I'm curious about a meatball sub now lol.

As for tuna mayo and grapes that's rather odd lol but hell if he eats it then what the heck huh

Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    My sister used to work at a sandwich shop in New Orleans (20 years ago) that made soft shell crab sandwiches. They were good, but kind of creepy because their little legs used to hang over the bun.

I am a hamburger gal myself. We have a place called Kelly's here that makes a Sod Buster burger. It is a fat burger with bacon and white american cheese with Ranch dressing then whatever you put with (lettuce, pickles, etc.) I always go home with a sore belly after eating there.
    Oh now burgers are a different league giggle bbq burgers are just my favourite with lots and lots of relish.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I love Tom Wahls Burgers with lots of meat hot sauce and ketchup.

Apr 25, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    agrees: LOL i bet subways further away than dominos
    Ha ha, how did you guess? Yeah, it's MILES away!
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Ha ha, how did you guess?! Yeah, it's MILES away!
    Giggle I just had a incling if you had said that it was only 300 yards away id have been wondering if you live above a load of fast food places tee hee
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Aug 13, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Mmmmmmmmmuffaletta...
    OK a big sloppy tomato sandwich with homegrown tomatoes, miracle whip, lots of salt and pepper on white bread eaten over the sink
    Or, avocado slices, salt and pepper on any kind of bread piled thick
    Orrrr leftover thankgiving turkey, some of the cranberry, leftover waldorf salad mayo, on a fresh roll as a midnite snack
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
    French Dip is my absolute favorite! Mmmm.. I'm going to have to go get one now... lol.

Aug 14, 2007, 12:20 AM
    OK, 2 questions... what is Miracle Whip and what is French Dip?
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Trust me Iam there's a reason we will never have miricle whip lol our food standards would never allow it because of what it contains Miracle Whip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And that's what it says about french dip ;) French dip sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aug 14, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Oooh, French Dip sounds nice... Miracle Whip sounds... horrible! Ha ha, sorry!

Ever since watching Blues Brothers as a child I've wondered just how horrible cheese in a squirty can is!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich [ 5 Answers ]

I used to really enjoy the Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich, but they no longer offer it on the menu. I would like to recreate it at home, but I don’t know the portions of the ingredients (mozzarella, ham, salami, lettuce, and dressing). Does anyone know how they were made, or might possibly have a...

All time favourite movie? [ 10 Answers ]

:D Come on what's your favourite film of all time?? What has the most memorable piece of action? Mine just has to be bugsy malone the final scene rocked... sA_0cvd1EUM

My favourite number sequence. [ 42 Answers ]

Here is an interesting number sequence. It is available on the web so please take it in the spirit it is given, for good fun, and don't look it up. Here are the first 10 terms: 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 9, 5, 1, 1, 0, I ask you to post the next unconfirmed number in the sequence, without...

View more questions Search