Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devangelatos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 01:57 AM
    Access 97 doesn't work in WIN XP
    Htmlmarq.ocx was unable to register itself in the system registry.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2007, 02:23 AM
    This is a known issue and a right pain in the bottom to fix.
    Your best course of action is to upgrade all your 97 Db's to 2000 at least.

Saying now may be a good time to rewrite them to XP/2003 or even 2007 compliance.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Apr 25, 2007, 02:24 AM
    If you have already installed SP2, then this is one of the reason behind your problem. You can try for disabling the HTML and HTML converter when installing office. There is another way to solve this issue which you can try if you are an advanced user and can edit the registry.
    devangelatos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Microsoft Access 97 can't start in WIN XP SP2 workstation
    Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 98se back to win 98 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Does anybody know if it is possible to backout an installation of win 98se. A friend of mine installed a USB hub on his win 98 machine and when asked for the drivers he inserted a win 98se disk and the machine tried to go through the upgrade procedure. At some point this upgrade...

Dual booting setup of Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit and Win XP Pro 32-bit? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have Windows Ultimate OEM 64-bit version installed. I have 2 hard drives on my system. My 160GB SATA hard drive has Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit installed and running very well. (C) I have a second hard drive (80GB IDE) on my system which has backup files. I would like to install...

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

Older Software Won't Work On Win XP Pro [ 13 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi guys, Speedball1 from the Plumbing Page here. I have a bunch of flight simulations left over from my old computer that are Win 95 programs. Is there a way I can load and install them on a Win XP Pro platform...

Older Software Won't Work On Win XP Pro [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Speedball1 from the Plumbing Page here. I have a bunch of flight simulations left over from my old computer that are Win 95 programs. Is there a way I can load and install them on a Win XP Pro platform and make them work? I've gone into propertys and did the compatibility thing. No...

View more questions Search