Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybear_434 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Death Recourse
    My father died of cance but before he died for like a year he suffered and I witnessed the whole thing. Him going through that. Now whenever anyone's sick like real sick not just cold like hospital sick or can't get up sick. I get really nervouse and like ant to cry. Even if I tell myself its alwright. I guess I'm feeling as if I can't go through anything like that again with anyone else. Does anyone have any calming tips that I could use when a situation like that occurs!! please and thank u:D
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:34 AM
    I went through the same.
    My dad passed away, he died of cancer too and I also witness his suffering so I totally comprehend how unfortunate it is.

You just HAVE to be strong, it's a must.
    I know its hard but you have to overcome it.

I believe my dad is my guardian angel, and he is wathcin over me, and all he wants is for to me to brave, strong and confident.
    And yours is too.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:29 AM
    For me, the calming comes in realizing that no matter what happens to a loved one that they are going to be okay because they believe in the salvation of Jesus Christ.

I remember holding my mother's hand on a number of occasions when she was in the hospital and saying to her, that "you know that no matter what happens, you're going to be okay." And, she would agree.

Experience is a teacher if you let it be.

I didn't used to think that I could be around people who were dying. Now, because of working at a nursing home for awhile and sitting with people and comforting them as they were dying, I know that it is something that I am good at. I welcome the opportunities to do that again.

My dad died a long time ago of cancer. Took about a year. I witnessed all of his suffering. Once he had died, I knew that he was in a better place and his suffering was over. But, I was still immature, and even though I would have liked to, I was not able to play for his funeral because of my immaturity.

My mom died about ten years ago. I watched her die on the hospital bed at the moment of her death. Because of the things that I had come to understand and my maturity in my faith and understanding, I was able to play, sing and speak at her funeral.

My point is that what you experience will teach you if you let it.
    Tira68 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4
    -

May 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
    If your anxiety is that bad you might want to consult your doctor. Otherwise just give yourself time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recourse in false shoplifting accusation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking to see my options for recourse if any on a false accusation of shoplifting that resulted in my being marched through my local mall by two police officers. Monday night after browsing in the Brighton Jewelry shop attempting to redeem a gift card from my husband, I continued my...

Real estate transaction recourse [ 5 Answers ]

We closed on our house a little over a year. The seller was supposed to replace the septic system and it was in the contract. Our septic system, we find out, was not installed properly and the tank is caving in due to incorrect installation and errors made. There are no records of a permit...

What is my recourse? [ 1 Answers ]

More than one month ago a counterfeit check was allowed to clear my citibank account for more than 1500 dollars. The check was completely counterfeit, the signature was not even close and the check stock used does not even match mine. When I first contacted the bank they immediately admitted that...

Any Recourse? [ 1 Answers ]

My Wife Filed For Divorce. I Didn't Appear In Court. It Is Now Final. Do I Have Any Recourse To Get Things Overturned? (spousal Support Or Custody).

Any recourse against unethical doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Do I have any recourse (in Small Claims Court)? I wanted to look better (less tired?) for my son's wedding and made an appointment at a dermatologist's office to have cosmetic injections. I wasn't given any definite price before the injections, but discussion with her assistant led me to believe...

View more questions Search