Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimD571 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Whirlpool Gold Senseon Won't tumble or heat
    Just bought a whirlpool dryer used, it's a whirlpool gold senson model. The dryer powers up and the digital display shows time and such... the timer even counts down, but... I am not getting any heat and the drum won't tumble. I am new to electric dryers but am quite handy. If someone could please give me a starting point, I think I could go from there.

Thank You,
    Jim
    Neos Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Not quite sure. First impression is that it is in the electronic control panel - probably pretty pricey.
    It might be worth checking your plug and make sure you are getting 115 on each side (but this is probably not it). Sometimes a dryer will tumble and not heat - and one side of the 230v plug is dead. Since you have power to the console, there is at least 115 volts coming to the dryer.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
    My first impression also would be in the EC board. There is usually a start relay built onto the board but other times it is mounted separately. If you can find the schematic which should be stuck in the console after you open it up. You will need a multi-meter to check continuity and voltage, found for around 10 to 15 dollars at hardware or Home Depot type stores.
    Good luck!
    dwi11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Had the same problem with mine , I smeared some human poop on the start button,and turned it on never had a problem since

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Gold Senseon dryer won't run. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Gold Senseon dryer Model: GEX9868JQ0 which just quit working. Until today never gave me any problems. When I select the cycle and press "Start" I hear the relay clicking, but won't start and the "Drying Status" red indicator light "Sensing" is flashing rapidly. I have tested the...

Whirlpool Senseon dryer will not start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon dryer that will not start. None of the led's on the front panel will light up to give me any control over the unit. I have 240vac connected and present at the terminals. I have read through the troubleshooting guide that came with it and after performing a few tests, it...

Whirlpool Senseon Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Purshased a home with a Whirlpool Senseon dryer model # GGW9868KQ1. I have a problem every time we put in a load, we select the settings and press start. Dryer starts, but after a minute the machine stops and displays E1 on timer. We restart and does it again, we have to constantly keep drysitting...

Whirlpool senseon dryer kicking off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon electric dryer and it keeps kicking off with a error code of E1 does anybody know why? The manual only says to contact a repairman.

Whirlpool Senseon - loud rattle [ 5 Answers ]

The problem did not exist on previous use four days ago. Today the dryer runs normally; electronic control panel working, drum tumbles clothing, heat works and dries clothes but there is a loud metallic rattle type noise while the dryer is in operation. The rattle is consistent with the overall...

View more questions Search