Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rigel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 06:59 PM
    Roof venting question
    Is it OK to join two 2" dry vents in my attic using a 3" tee (with 2" reducers). A 3" vent pipe would then be connected to the same 3" tee and exit through the roof.
    I would like to do this solution instead of cutting two separate holes in the roof for the two 2" vents to exit.
    Is this according to code?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 25, 2005, 08:43 PM
    Revent
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel
    Is it ok to join two 2" dry vents in my attic using a 3" tee (with 2" reducers). A 3" vent pipe would then be connected to the same 3" tee and exit through the roof.
    I would like to do this solution instead of cutting two separate holes in the roof for the two 2" vents to exit.
    Is this according to code?
    It's called "revent" and is perfectly acceptable. You could revent the entire house through one 3" vent if you eished. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub Venting question [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of remodeling a basement bathroom directly next to an exterior wall. Previously there was a shower and now I want to put in a bathtub. When I took out the fiberglass shower, I found that the shower drain was connected directly to the main waste line leading out of the house. ...

Quick venting question [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I've been gone awhile and am now back to my project. I have two 1.5" revent lines going back to my main stack. One is the laundry tub from the basement. The other has been wyed and hosts the kit. sink and the bath tub and sink. I would like to use a 1.5" wye and join them into my main...

Basement Venting Question [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering if I can I put in a 2" common vent upstream from shower draining into a 3" line with a toilet downstream from the shower? If not, what are my options in this simple fixture layout? The total length of the 3" run is no more than from main and the length of each fixture drain is no...

Vent out roof question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I had a question about the vent coming out of the roof. In my kitchen, I have a cathedral ceiling framed with 2 x 12 joists. I was planning on bringing a vent from behind my sink straight up through the roof. I have a 18" overhang, and this will place the vent close to the edge of...

Question about toilet venting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I stumbled upon this forum... what a godsend! Anyway, here's a question for the plumbing experts. I have two bathrooms, each with one toilet and one sink. All four of these items are vented through a single 2" pipe up to the roof. I've been having a bit of trouble with the...

View more questions Search