Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexgarbu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Bond and liability insurance
    Hi, I just started a small business in cleaning. Do I need general liability insurance or business insurance and bond in the same time?thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    You definitely need business liability insurance. Whether you are want to be bonded or not is up to you. Unless, it is a requirement where you live. But, I have never heard of being bonded as being required for doing cleaning. Usually references that you provide will take care of any trust issues. I have been self-employed all of my adult life in various businesses where I almost always have to work in people's homes. I have never been bonded. Recently, when speaking with my attorney about taxes, I brought up being bonded and how would I do that. He said that I would need to speak with an insurance agent. I think that being bonded would look good on a business card. But, as far as I know, it is a personal choice as to whether you are bonded.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 7, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexgarbu
    Hi, i just started a small business in cleaning. do I need general liability insurance or business insurance and bond in the same time?thnx
    At minimun, liability insurance for sure, and perhaps workers comp insurance depending on the law of your state, Fidelity bonds are "insurance" and "surety" bonds are "extensions of credit" and I doubt you will be required to give anyone a surety bond for a cleaning business. Surety bonds are NOT "contracts of insurance" like liability and workers comp are, so no a bond is not a substitute for liability or workers comp insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowner Liability Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I own a rental condo on the 9th floor in an 11 story poured in place concrete and steel building. I carry a liability insurance policy on this property. If there is water damage to a unit below me (hot water heater valve malfunction causing flooding) will this liability policy cover the damage to...

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

My beloved Pitbull - Liability Insurance [ 10 Answers ]

My pit bull Harley is the best dog I have ever had! With this pit bull ban in ontario, I am finding it very difficult to find a insurance company for the million dollar liabilty insurance that is required. However, I recently heard through a friend that your dog is automatically covered under...

James bond [ 4 Answers ]

What are the various james bond actors.

View more questions Search