Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprange Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Pictures won't open
    I have a cd from Walmart with digital pictures on it. My computer acts like it is an empty disc. I tried on my boyfriends and it works. Please help me get my pictures on to my computer.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 24, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Does the drive read other cd`s? -- are you sure it's a cd and not a DVD? -- Savage
    aprange Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprange
    I have a cd from Walmart with digital pictures on it. My computer acts like it is an empty disc. I tried on my boyfriends and it works. Please help me get my pictures on to my computer.
    The drive opened and downloaded the Walmart Photo Parade just fine. The cd it won't open is a walmart digital photo center- digital album CD.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Maybe you need special software from Walmart?

Do you have one of those dvd players that can read photocds? You could try the playback with it.
    richcali Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
    If boyfriend computer opens the pictures without you clicking on anything means your boyfriend has a compatible program for this type of disc and or file type. If you have to choose which program to use then see if you have the same program that he has.
    Now if your boyfriend can recopy the pictures to a disc you might be able to open it that way.
    Some times the way the pictures open is based on the last program you installed for opening photos and some of them are limited to specific types of photo files. Some open JPEG but won't do anything for TIFF (jpeg and tiff both photo files) it all depends on program. Try using the free for a month trial of Adobe photoshop elements as this should open all types of photo files.

Also if you have two CD or DVD drives be sure to try them both as they can react differently.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see pictures. [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody please help. When I download some pictures I get a blank box with a red cross in the top left corner. Can anybody advise me. Thanks. Jim.

Jpg pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help Quick--I downloaded jpg pics from the internet but they will not open.  Also I have some of the Same pics on my drive that I can open.  What has gone wrong?. Thanks.. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I try to download and a jpg it will only let me download As ART OR Bitmap.. Weird,...

View more questions Search