Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FyremanTom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2004, 02:07 PM
    My laptop will not start at all
    I have a sony laptop running XP. I was browsing and suddenly it just froze up. I tried to end task, then I just shut it down. Now it will not do anything. When I turn it on, the lights turn on, and a little fan spins for a sec, the nothing else... at all. I can't even get to any bios or anything.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

May 25, 2004, 01:12 PM
    Re: My laptop will not start at all
    If the bios is not showing up it migh tbe a CPU (processor) problem. I've turned a computer on after changing the heatsink on a CPU once when I actually forgot to put the CPU back in, and it did about the same thing. If you can get another one that will fit in the socket, try testing it with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hp laptop won't start--ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

My HP ze4530 (purchased November 2003) won't turn on. I push the power button, and it lights up for a split second and then goes off. It will start to turn itself on for a whil, but no luck. Can I buy a part or something to fix it? (I have heard that it may have overheated, which would cause...

Which laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Claire, I want a laptop for making home movies and I want to know what is the best one to get. I want good graphics, large memory and very portable. Any advice would be great. Thanks

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Which laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a laptop, most probably used,but I haven't a clue how to begin knowing which one is best. I've tried a few of my friend's but I am still not sure what to look for. I'm not going to be doing anything fancy, like desktop publishing, but I would like to be able to see DVDs, and...

View more questions Search