Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    advicecritic Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Any good Recipes for Atkins?
    I have been trying to loose weight for about 4 years now and nothing has worked, I gained 30 pounds with my first child and then got pregnant 13 months later with my second child so I gained 32 lbs with her. So I am about 60 lbs overweight and So I decided to start the Atkins diet, and let me tell you that this is tuff, But I am willing to do it, So I am asking If anybody has any good recipes for this diet. Thanks.
    :D
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
    One quick question for you. Do you have a history of heart disease in your family?

Apr 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    One quick question for you. Do you have a history of heart disease in your family?

Not that I know of, Why do you ask?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Awhile back I was interested in starting the Atkins Diet, but my GP discouraged me from doing so because I have a history of Heart disease.

Apr 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    Awhile back I was interested in starting the Atkins Diet, but my GP discouraged me from doing so because I have a history of Heart disease.
    What does that have to do with me. I just asked if you had any recipes for this diet.:eek:
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I just wanted to make you aware.
    Sorry
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Advicecritic, we can see that you truly are a critic of advice.

Tuscany asked if you have a familial history of heart conditions because if you do the Atkins Diet can do you more harm than good. She was just trying to help you. No need to be so harsh.

I am sorry, but I do not have any recipes for this diet either, however, I have learned in school that it can be a very dangerous diet to be on without your doctor's consent.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Check out this site: alt.support.diet.low-carb low carb diet FAQ atkins carbohydrate addict neanderthin low-carb protein power zone body opus ketostix ketosis

It's the FAQ for the newsgroup alt.support.diet.low-carb. It has tons of general info about low-carb diets and also lists several sites with zillions of recipes.

Please speak to your doctor before starting this diet. It worked for me but it's not for everyone. If your doctor gives you the OK and you decide to do it, good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juicer recipes [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone have any good juicer recipes? My parents just bought me a Breville Juice Fountain and I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to make anything gross! Thanks! :D

Cheesecake Recipes [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for some yummy cheesecake recipes. Mainly a regular one that includes lemon zest and perhaps a raspberry one. Nice fluffy creamy cheesecake. Thanks ;)

Chocolate recipes [ 11 Answers ]

Please suggest good sites for finding chocolate recipes for home/ amateur use. Thanks.

Looking for cabbage recipes. [ 6 Answers ]

It's fall and we have an abundance of cabbage, but not a surplus of recipes. Would appreciate any family favorites that you might have. Especially from ancestors. We already make stuffed cabbage and pierogies. Anyone have something special that they would care to share? Thanks. Dave.

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search