Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sankha Posts: 46, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Creating write protected cd / dvd
    Can any body inform me that how can I create a write protected cd or dvd. It can be readable but not writeable.

Hope u can satisfy me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
    When you burn it make sure it is CLOSED or FINALISED.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Use a CD/R and finalize it.

Apr 24, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Use a CD/R and finalize it.
    :mad: Sorry friend, you couldnot get my question. If I close the disk, it means that the cd is not further writable. Its OK. But I want to know that how can I create a cd / dvd which will write protected? I mean when somebody try to copy the disk he will unable. Hope u will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    When you burn it make sure it is CLOSED or FINALISED.

:mad: Sorry friend, you couldnot get my question. If I close the disk, it means that the cd is not further writable. Its OK. But I want to know that how can I create a cd / dvd which will write protected? I mean when somebody try to copy the disk he will unable. Hope u will understand.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Right you want COPY protection not WRITE protection.
    You'll need to use DRM technology to achieve this.

Apr 25, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Right you want COPY protection not WRITE protection.
    You'll need to use DRM technology to achieve this.
    :D Thank u very much. But where I find the DRM technology :eek: . What is it? Please tell me briefly.:rolleyes:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Have a look at this:

Copy protection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You will probably be best off contacting a company that uses this kind of technology, there are many solutions out there.

Just don't use starforce, it's so invasive to the user.

Apr 25, 2007, 05:30 AM
    As Ben said you asked the wrong question. DRM is a set of technologies used to protect data. But it would be expensive to get the tools to protect your disk.

If you give us a better idea of what is on that disk and what you want to protect it from, we may be able to help further.

Apr 25, 2007, 10:21 PM
    As Ben said you asked the wrong question. DRM is a set of technologies used to protect data. But it would be expensive to get the tools to protect your disk.

If you give us a better idea of what is on that disk and what you want to protect it from, we may be able to help further.
    :o Thank u for your reply. I collect verious type of softwares & put into cd / dvd. But to stop the copy of my collection I want the copy protection technology.

Please answer me that how can I get this technology you metion? Is it downloadable? Also send me a short concept of this tecnology?

I shall wait for your positive answer.:)

Apr 26, 2007, 05:48 AM
    First, you "collect" software? This is software you have purchased or downloaded? Or is it software, you yourself have written? Unless its your own code, what gives you the right to either distribute or protect it? Also what is the purpose of the CD/DVD?

I'm just trying to understand what you are actually trying to accomplish here. But nothing you've said so far justifies protecting the disk.

As to DRM technology, you have to license it and its expensive.

Apr 26, 2007, 10:09 AM
    First, you "collect" software? This is software you have purchased or downloaded? Or is it software, you yourself have written? Unless its your own code, what gives you the right to either distribute or protect it? Also what is the purpose of the CD/DVD?

I'm just trying to understand what you are actually trying to accomplish here. But nothing you've said so far justifies protecting the disk.

As to DRM technology, you have to license it and its expensive.
    Thank u very much. I got it. Actually I downloads softwares and collect it. It is my picuiliar hobby. How ever I don't want to use any expensive technology. Is there any third party software which will help to protect the cd? ;)

Apr 26, 2007, 10:37 AM
    You aren't answering my questions. If this is downloaded software, then what right do you have to copy protect it. If its shareware or freeware then it should be freely distributable so there is no reason to protect the disk. If its commercial software, then you don't have a right to give that disk to anyone else so the need to protect it disappears.

Everything I'm hearing tells me there is no reason to protect the disk, so why do you want to?

Apr 28, 2007, 02:22 AM
    You aren't answering my questions. If this is downloaded software, then what right do you have to copy protect it. If its shareware or freeware then it should be freely distributable so there is no reason to protect the disk. If its commercial software, then you don't have a right to give that disk to anyone else so the need to protect it disappears.

Everything I'm hearing tells me there is no reason to protect the disk, so why do you want to?
    Yes I download the shareware softwares, & agreed to free distribute it but I don't want that in my absence anybody take it. That's why I tried to protect. Yeah anybody take from me the free softwares but I will give them. In my locality they take those softwares in my absence. So I want to know this. :mad:

Apr 28, 2007, 05:07 AM
    You don't get it, do you? Shareware is freely distributed. There is no reason to prevent people from copying it. In fact, the license agreement for some of them prevents you copy protecting it.

If you don't want people to copy from your CD, then keep it under lock and key. But trying to put copy protection on a disk of shareware apps that you collect is like trying to padlock a public park.
    baikubaba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 08:30 PM
    How can I create a cd / dvd copy protection? Which will write protected?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Write Protected [ 2 Answers ]

How can I remove write protected from my Sony DSC-W35 internal memory?

What does write protected mean? [ 8 Answers ]

I downloaded a program called precast which was to help me view videos from a survy site " dumb move " any way when I try to remove the fies and folders it says they are write protected. How can I remove these? Also, I also wanted to remove a program in the add/remove program ( by the way I have...

Write protected mp3 [ 1 Answers ]

Good day. I updatedthe firmware of my mp3. Unfortunately after I have updated a message "write protected disk" appears. How will I fix my mp3. Thanks much

Destination file is write protected [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to install a program and I'm getting this error message Warning - Can not copy file D:\temp\SETUP1.EX_ since the destination file is write protected I click Ok then another message appear Invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue Then Setup wasn't complete...

View more questions Search